Chris Nolan's INCEPTION will make you...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Chris Nolan's INCEPTION will make you...

...think...and think...and think..and think...

On the surface, this is a heist film about a group of people able to enter dreams and steal or plant ideas. But beyond the surface there is so much more going on that it will boggle your mind. It would be impossible to talk much about this film without getting into one spoiler after another. Suffice to say, it is a cleverly written and directed film by Chris Nolan with a great cast including Leo DiCaprio and Ellen Paige, who both do an excellent job, and the try-to-figure-it-out ending will leave you with long hours of discussion with your significant other long after the credits fade.

All I can say is WOW, what a fantastic ride, and one you will want to take again if only to try and figure things out better than you thought you already had . :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
    My Homepage!
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Completely agreed, great flick! Not much to add other than I really liked the soundtrack as well, Hans Zimmer does some awesome work.
    -Chuck

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Ditto! Excellent film in all respects.
      Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

This was definitely one of the best films that came out last year, if not the best. It was incredibly clever and invoked some very deep thoughts for sure!

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

Am I really reading HTGuide, or am I just dreaming that I am...only the architect knows for sure. :W
          Brad

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

It's a film you probably need to see twice or even a few times to comprehend it fully. Well you do if you've had a glass of wine or two beforehand...

Nigel.

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

A fine film that will be added to the collection in short order. It will be interesting to re-watch it (along with re-watching Shutter Island) and seeing if anything stands out the second time around.

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

My own take on this one is a little more muted. I've seen it twice now, and yes, I did understand more the 2nd time. However, I don't think this film is quite as deep as it portends to be. I do think there's a bit more than just a pure superficial "dream within a dream" thing, but not by much. Nowhere near as complex as the Matrix. So I enjoyed it, but I'm far from overwhelmed.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by bigburner
                  It's a film you probably need to see twice or even a few times to comprehend it fully. Well you do if you've had a glass of wine or two beforehand...

Nigel.
                  Same "problem" here :lol:
                  Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

FWIW, there's an iphone app out now for Inception, that will induce dream states. Kind of interesting. I've been playing with it for a few days now.
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"