X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Deal is no big deal

William H. Macy is a fine actor and I have enjoyed most of what he has done. But in The Deal, of which he wrote the screenplay and co-produced, everything just came off flat for me. Macy is a down and out film producer who is pretty good at scamming things and ends up with a greenlight on a film written by his nephew. Meg Ryan represents the studio and she and Macy go nose to nose until she starts to succumb to his oddball charms. The movie is supposed to be a romantic comedy but there is absolutely no charisma between Macy and his leading lady, Meg Ryan. And though the plot is sort of off the wall and somewhat different, it really isn't all that funny. The leads are mismatched and if Macy is going to continue to write screenplays, he should stick to dramas, an area in which he excells as an actor.

The film wasn't an absolute waste so I do recommend a rental if you are a William H. Macy, or Meg Ryan fan. Otherwise, save your money and your time.
    My Homepage!
  • 1oldguy
    • Dec 2008

I Think I'll Pass On It After Hearing This.
    A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"