X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Journey To The End Of The Night

I rented this not really sure what to expect, other than I liked the cast of Brendan Fraser, Scott Glenn and Mos Def. Basically it is a tale of a father and son, owners of a nightclub in Sao Paulo, Brazil, a city noted for its underworld of sex, drugs and money. They feel trapped in the desolation of their surroundings and want to escape. By chance, a bag of drugs ends up in their hands after its owner is gunned down by a jealous woman, who in turn kills herself. But father and son need someone who speaks the correct language to exchange the drugs for money, and Mos Def ( remember him in 16 Blocks with Bruce Willis ? ) the club's dishwasher turns out to be the answer. And thus begins the journey to the end of the night, and with it comes betrayal, revenge and violence.

It is written and driected by Eric Eason, someone unknown to me, but a man with some talent, though obviously not enough to get the film into theaters. This one went straight to video and maye it will find its audience. The film has its flaws, but I liked watching Brendad Fraser playing against type, and liked Scott Glenn's quiet, almost gentle portrayal of the father, though his past is repugnant. And Mos Def was downright terrific. So, if you are in the mood for a moody thriller, give this one a spin.

:T
    My Homepage!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"