X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Constant Gardener

Wow! I was shocked when I did a search and there was no thread for this one!! :E

Anyhoo, PHENOMENAL movie! Well acted, written, filmed...everything. I'm actually surprised it didn't win a couple of Oscars.

The PQ was quite good and the SQ while not action/fantasy "demo" worthy, was quite good with clear dialogue, well placed and integrated surround effects and excellent score.
    Jason
  • autio
    • Mar 2005

Jason,

I will second your thoughts on the movie, It was a great movie.

Lee

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I was kinda dissapointed in this movie, i dunno, maybe i expected more from all the press I was hearing. Maybe I wasnt in the right mind set.
      B&W

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

I thought this was a very good movie, not a lot of action but very thought-provoking and deals with emotional life struggles. However, as previously metioned by Race Car Drive, you have to be in the correct mind set for this movie. Just my quick thoughts.

4 out 5 stars.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Arneson
          • Jan 2006

The fifth star flew away right at the end scene.
          Would have been a good one for Alt. Ending.
          Jim

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Arneson
            The fifth star flew away right at the end scene.
            Would have been a good one for Alt. Ending.
            Agreed. I believe I said to my self out loud.... "REALLY!???" :roll:

I will have to give it another go I think one of these days.
            B&W

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yup, have heard good things, added to my Netflix queue
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Not for everyone, but I really liked it... enough to buy it. Plan to watch it again soon.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                  • Sep 2001

I rather liked it as well. If you want "Rambo Redux" or "The Terminator XXI", this isn't your movie. "The Constant Gardener" reminded me more of foreign films with its pacing and character development than of typical Hollywood blockbuster fare -- but then most of last year's good movies were at least somewhat like that, which is one reason I got interested in current movies again.

In addition to gorgeous photography, "The Constant Gardener" also benefitted from spot-on acting. While it had a "message", they wrapped it effectively in a well-constructed "who-dunnit" that would have made the masters of Film Noir proud. The ending had a thought-provoking Existential "gotcha" touch that would have been unattainable with a shoot-em-up chase leading to an explosion as the finale.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Kevin D
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2002

Picked it up yesterday. Movie Gallery had it previously viewed for $5. I'm sure we'll like it, but I'll let everyone know.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"