• Mar 2005

Ultraviolet

I want my money back.
    That is all. :Z
    B&W
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

That girl could be in a film where all she does is watch grass grow and I would enjoy it. :lol:
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Interesting that you just posted this, as I literally just finished watching it from Netflix.

Here's the original thread we discussed in the movie section:

My .02:

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH... I don't get this movie. There was some great action scenes, some very good CGI, and absolutely stunning sets. I'm not kidding about the sets--they're really A+, no joke. However, there was some SEVERE bad acting, other CGI scenes that were just horrible. etc. In the first 10 minutes I was both enthralled and horrified - beautiful colors and scenes, and the worst acting and CGI probably in the whole movie. (the real courier agent showing up, saying "You've got a mite!", and the motorcycle on the building walls, respectively)

Some very good Sci-Fi concepts like the "flat space" for hiding weapons.

Like I said, I don't get this movie. It was so frustrating. If it was going to be a cheap B-run BAD movie, they shouldn't have wasted their time, effort, and money to make the good aspects so good. But similarly, I wanted to take the good parts, re-edit them, chop out the bad acting, and re-shoot the rest of the movie to re-make it myself. With some (major) work, it could have been very good. The director really crafted each detail of the movie--how could he have not noticed that he was creating a complete piece of crap with his actors?

I can't piecemeal a movie rating for the individual parts, so I'll give the overall thing a :2: out of :5:
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Looks like I'll be passing on this one. Thanks, gents.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
          Interesting that you just posted this, as I literally just finished watching it from Netflix.

Here's the original thread we discussed in the movie section:

My .02:

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH... I don't get this movie. There was some great action scenes, some very good CGI, and absolutely stunning sets. I'm not kidding about the sets--they're really A+, no joke. However, there was some SEVERE bad acting, other CGI scenes that were just horrible. etc. In the first 10 minutes I was both enthralled and horrified - beautiful colors and scenes, and the worst acting and CGI probably in the whole movie. (the real courier agent showing up, saying "You've got a mite!", and the motorcycle on the building walls, respectively)

Some very good Sci-Fi concepts like the "flat space" for hiding weapons.

Like I said, I don't get this movie. It was so frustrating. If it was going to be a cheap B-run BAD movie, they shouldn't have wasted their time, effort, and money to make the good aspects so good. But similarly, I wanted to take the good parts, re-edit them, chop out the bad acting, and re-shoot the rest of the movie to re-make it myself. With some (major) work, it could have been very good. The director really crafted each detail of the movie--how could he have not noticed that he was creating a complete piece of crap with his actors?

I can't piecemeal a movie rating for the individual parts, so I'll give the overall thing a :2: out of :5:
          I have to agree.
          I said to my buddy right before i hit play, i heard its pretty bad, but if theres cool explosions and fight scences, i wont hate it too bad.

BOY WAS I WRONG.
          It was soooo bad, that the GREAT sets, (lots of color, loved it, cool CGI and the such) could NOT of made up for the HORRIBLE script and dialog in that movie. There is just no way.

I must have said 15 times, I DONT GET IT, there was no point to the whole movie. It was re cockulous!

There was one part to the movie when she kicked a bunch of ass, well heres how it happend... She was surrounded by a 10-15 "bad guys" and right as they close in on her, it cuts to her walking out of the room with everyone dead and my buddy says. "Boy, it was a good thing they just cut out the part where she kicked everyones ass, because the rest of the movie is so good" :lol:

Seriously... At the end of the movie, I said, HOW.... in the HELL.... could ANYONE who have had anything to do with that movie, after it was all shot, and cut, even "think" that they just made a good movie? Really.... I said how could they think after months of their life wasted be satisfied with all the time and money they just put into it.

Man, there are VERY few movies I regret watching.. and Im pretty sure this movie just took Punch Drunk Love off the top of the list. :rofl:
          Last edited by Chris D; 05 December 2016, 12:33 Monday.
          B&W

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

I saw this as a preview, and I thought to myself, interesting concept, nice CGI, might be worth a rental, not.

Looks like I'll be passing on this one. Thanks, gents.
            My sentiments exactly George, nuff said.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• saurabh
              • Feb 2005

Never was on my list, its got bad reviews everywhere, thank you gentlemen for saving me from the agony :P
              Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"