X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Gorillaz - Demon Days live

It's a live music DVD, so I suppose this is the most appropriate place for this post.

Anyhow, bought a bunch of stuff over the weekend, including Gorillaz, Howl's Moving Castle, season one of Curb, Jeff Wayne's WOTW on hybrid SACD (will post ore on this elsewhere).

So, Demon Days. I can understand that this may not be everyones bag.

But if it is, jeez it's amazing. It carries DD, DTS and PCM Stereo and all sound great, especially, as ever PCM Stereo.

It's performed as a concept album, in exact running order, featuring every guest from the Demon Days album including the orchestra, gospel choir and children’s choir That's 80 people on stage Guest vocalists will came and went as they do on the record and Damon Albarn ties the whole thing together from his “seated at piano in silhouette” position hidden away at the back of the stage. It isn’t until the very end of the show Damon moves to the front of the stage to be seen for the first time by much of the audience.

The most interesting aspect of this performance is that as it was presented as an 80 piece collective, played as one body and not the concept of a cartoon band. Pehaps this could be the closest thing to The Band's 'Last Waltz' for a new generation.

Genius. Who are Blur again?!
    Last edited by Alloroc; 03 April 2006, 17:12 Monday.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"