X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Nobody Knows

A foreign (Japanese) film about a mother of four who is forced to rent a "No Kids" apartment and sneaks her youngest three children in. They must keep silent, with only the eldest boy going out for supplies. None attend school. The oldest boy essentially cares for his siblings as the mother leaves 16hrs/day at a time. Then one day she doesn't come back.

It dragged in places it didn't need to, and some scenes could have been shortened while maintaining the same emotion, but overall it was a moving film about the will to survive while coping with the morals of western society and dreams of advancement in life.

:35: out of :5: - maybe :4:, it's borderline.

Worth a rent if you enjoy films other than Blockbusters. It's based on a true story, and almost seemed like a real-life version of Flowers in the Attic (without the insane grandmother).
    ~Nick
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Hmm, don't think I'll be able to find that anywhere in my neck of the woods, but I'll keep an eye out.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"