X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Longest Yard - the remake and Cursed

LONGEST YARD was okay, but I still liked the original better.

I also watched CURSED over the weekend. Yuck. Terrible story, terrible , actually funny looking werewolf. I don't think Wes Craven knew if this one should be a comedy or a serious attempt at horror. Neither worked IMHO.

Both were rentals, thank God.
    My Homepage!
  • H.Donald
    • Aug 2004

I have been avoiding this movie....so from what everyone has said,I am not missing two much.

I have never really cared too much for Adam Sandler.Chris Rock,I use to be a big fan of....now it just seems he is trying toooooo hard to be funny.I saw him on Leno recently,and he was so so....before he was much more natural.I guess we all lose a little something off our fastball over time....
    Although,his new show "Everybody hates Chris"....gave me a few chuckles...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Actually, Herman, both Sandler and Chris actually downplayed their roles and that was a nice change. Like you, I am not a big fan of either, but accepted them in this film. The whole thing overall just didn't sit right with me. But that's not unusual with me when it comes to remakes. Sometimes I wish they'd just leave the originals be.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

I liked the original better, but as far as remakes go I didnt mind this one at all. They stayed true to the original more than some remakes, just changed the players and of course music and language are differant. They made a couple subtle switches in the story and that made the movie more interesting to me because at that point I am starting to look for the differances more than I was going in.
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"