• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Two Weeks Notice - A Review

Two Weeks Notice - A Review 01/20/2003

This is going to be my shortest review to date. Don't go see this movie.

The premise? George Wade (Hugh Grant) a multi-millionaire developer plows through a string of female lawyers until he meets Lucy Kelson (Sandra Bullock). She's a strong no-nonsense woman that wants to make a difference. She soon gets tired of nanny-ing George and tries to quit. . . .

Hugh Grant comes across as completed un-motivated. Sandra Bullock tries, but can't pull it off by herself, even with her charm, good looks and sweet persona. Robert Klein does put in a small but warm appearance as Sandra's father, but again it's not enough to stem the tide. What tide you ask? Oh, just an extremely thin premise, un-inspired directing, un-inspired acting and an overall impression of "we'll throw it together and make some cash - the end".

Visuals are about what you'd expect from a, uh, romantic comedy and audio is the same. Neither distinguishes themselves by being either notable good or notably bad. Un-inspired again?

This is at best a movie to rent once it's released on DVD. Nothing more. I give Two Weeks Notice :15: out of :5:.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'll probably rent this when it comes to dvd, but only if there's nothing else worthwhile available at the time. Thanks for the review. Too bad it didn't turn out better. I like Sandra Bullock.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Whew, scared me for a minute there, I thought David was turning in his notice. 8O :LOL:

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

No way, Jose! This is the best job I've got. :B

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

David -

Thanks for the "Too Weak Notice". :>) With so many really good movies as yet unseen (by me anyway), I'm not sure I'd even want to BORROW, much less rent, a flick that you only rate 1 1/2 stars... why waste time on such a waste-of-time? (BTW -- did you notice that Sandra Bullock produced the film? So she should have known what she was doing making this one, even if the rest of the cast didn't.) :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Well, in spite of the review, I picked this one up on DVD. lol. I'd say the rating was pretty much right on. I might up it to a 2. What can I say, I'm a pushover when it comes to stupid romance films. But maybe I should stick to Meg Ryan's and Julia Roberts versions of these. They seem to come off a bit better than Sandra's. She does do quirky/offbeat, very well, (Speed, Demolition Man), but romance without any other saving graces, just doesn't cut the mustard it seems...

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Lex, have you tried While You Were Sleeping yet? It's one of my favs, and is a Sandra Bullock/Bill Pullman romantic comedy.

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"