X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It's Coming! - May 16th

Yep, Attack Of The Clones is right around the corner boys 'n girls! Here's a few images to get you salivating. . .

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Damn, that looks good! This may indeed be the ride of the year.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

I'm taking a 12 day vacation just to see it as much as possible!!!

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Mr. Goose sir, you are my kind of guy! :LOL:

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Robbie
          • Aug 2000

OK Guys,

I saw on the news that folks were already getting tickets for this "event of the year". I hate to burst anyones bubble but...

GET A LIFE I mean I'm as anxious as anyone for this movie to arrive but please.

I don't know maybe I just don't get it...

Robbie

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I'm with you on this one Robbie. The Star Wars installments are what seems to be a must see. But, they are just movies and should be treated as such. Nothing life stopping for sure.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

John, I agree that movies aren't life-stopping events. But, (you knew that was coming ) Star Wars: Episode IV was a cinematic watershed for me.

I had enjoyed sci-fi for years in hundreds of books and many movies like Forbidden Planet, War Of The Worlds, The Thing, Them and others. But that first time I sat down and saw Star Wars my imagination and enjoyment of a story was - I don't know how else to say it - kicked into hyperdrive. From that evening in May of 1977 onward, for this impressionable 18 year-old, my mental imagery, expectations and desire to experience more of that level of storytelling were elevated to new heights. It's an experience that I'll always remember, and always associate with Star Wars.

So, forgive my excitement at another installment of this series - especially since Episode II doesn't appear to have been dumbed-down with another JarJar. I can't wait.

David - HTGuide flunky
              Our "Theater"
              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

David,

You and I are the same age. So trust me when I say that "I feel you" on all the above. I too love sci-fi and are really looking forward to this movie. But, (knew that was comimg ) waiting in line a month in advance... not to mention a slew of other things some do to have the honor of saying "I saw the first showing in my area" leaves me in awe.

I mean no ill feelings towards the film or those that take it to the next level. If that floats one's boat, I am happy for them. I'm sure that many people feel the same about me when, I talk about Home Theater! :B

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Oh, okay. Gotcha. Yeah, standing in line a week early, and things of that nature, are silly. I'll probably wait until the Monday or Tuesday after the release before going to the matinee showing. That hopefully will cut down on the irritations of todays "cinematic experience" and let me enjoy the show.

David - HTGuide flunky
                  Our "Theater"
                  Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• SiliGoose
                    • Aug 2000

Yea, that's why you take a vacation! That way you can see it several times while everyone else is at work! No standing in line.

-Sili
                    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

The critics have already started in on Episode 2. Some wag on the radio was blasting the "wooden acting" and "flat script". Since most critics and I are about 180 degrees apart, I'm really expecting some fun now! ;x(

David - HTGuide flunky
                      Our "Theater"
                      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Markj
                        • Aug 2000

I think they were accurate for the Phantom Menace. I started to lose interest with Return of the Jedi and it has gone down since. I was hoping that Attack of the Clones was going to put the series back on track. I might wait for the DVD on this one. It all depends how hard my 10-year-old son pushes to see it in the theater.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"