X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Sun
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Behind Enemy Lines

My 8-word review for "Behind Enemy Lines": Daddy told me there'd be days like this.

It's not the greatest military yarn ever made, but it had enough mini battles that had to be fought to get Owen Wilson's character a chance at getting out from behind enemy lines after his F-18 aircraft is shot down for taking reconm photos of some bad stuff that would illuminate some heinous war crimes.

I thought the characterizations were pretty good, and Owen Wilson did a nice job with his role, as did Gene Hackman, who hasn't let me down in much of anything that he does.

One of the things that did bother me is the over-used Saving Private Ryan military warfare footage style (all grainy and choppy in an attempt to show the chaos of the moment). I do wish they'd get back to conventional action footage that show the battles in "real time" and not rely on the "adrenalizing" of the battle footage.

The final act was actually very good, and showed the true measure of both Wilson's and Hackman's characters.

I give 3 stars or a grade of B.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
    PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'm not much of a theater-goer. I tend to wait until they come to video.This is the kind of film I would normally buy on dvd, end even if the film flopped, I would still get it because Hackman can make anything look better.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"