X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Mission Impossible--Fallout (in IMAX)

Admittedly IMAX-lite (which was ok as no footage was shot in the aspect ration of the full IMAX, and even the IMAX-lite cinemas have much better sound than anything else in my neck of the woods). Tom Cruise the person might not be everyone's cup of tea (not mine, at any rate) but Tom Cruise the action star? He's "still got it". "Impossible" is in the title, so realism is not the reason to see this film. It is a great adrenaline rush from start to finish. Be warned (relatively): unlike all other instalments, this one is a direct sequel to the previous film. I didn't get a chance to do a re-watch, so there were some minor bits where I was hazier than expected. I don't want to overstate this, as they really are small moments that only tugged at my attention because I had a vague recollection. If I'd not seen the previous one, I don't think I'd have noticed.

Lots of practical effects and stunts (which adds to the enjoyment, at least for me). Hard to believe Cruise is 56 and doing so many of those stunts (and running). Whatever else he does in his personal life, he certainly stays in shape. If you're a fan of this series, it vies with the previous two for top spot.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"