X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

La La Land (2016)

What a lovely movie. I saw it with my wife and daughter, and we all enjoyed it thoroughly. It certainly exceeded my expectations. I had previously wondered whether all the fuss was a case of Hollywood loving Los Angeles. Not so. I’m not a big fan of musicals but the quality of the music won me over. The lead characters were caring, honest and modest. They restored my faith in America!

I don’t follow the Oscars but I’m predicting that Emma Stone will win one for her fabulous performance in the lead role. If there’s an Oscar for music then I predict that Justin Hurwitz will win it. *9/10

Nigel.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I tend to shy away from musicals because they are normally quite bad in most cases. The only one that has stood out in decades for me was Burlesque.......which I'm not even sure would be labeled as a musical.......but I loved it and it destroyed my surround sound system!.

This one interests me and since Nigel stated that he too does not normally like musicals but rated this one 9/10.....has made me decide to try it. That and of course the eye candy which is Emma Stone, whom I believe is one of the most beautiful women on the planet!

I will however wait until this is on BD to watch it.
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"