X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Guardians of the Galaxy--Go see it.

Title is self-explanatory. I don't have time for a detailed review (too many things to wrap up before the big summer road trip next week) but if you're looking for a fun night at the movies (in the vein of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, perhaps even Buckaroo Bonzai), this is a must-see. It's generally getting strong reviews (90%+ at Rotten Tomatoes) and deservedly so. This will definitely be added to my collection when it's released on Blu-ray.
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

I would be interested in other opinions of this movie. Might check it out!
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

My family and I saw it in IMAX 3D .We really enjoyed it. Much better than any of us anticipated.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Another reason to see it--great soundtrack. I'm listening to Awesome Mix, Vol. 1 right now. That they managed to make a 70s-era collection of songs fit seamlessly into the story is another genius aspect of this movie.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Well I'll just say, it's the best Marvel movie I've seen to date We just got home from seeing it, and agreed great sound track! Also very witty and funny. This was the first time we've actually seen a 3D movie in a good theater using Real 3D and I have to say I was actually pretty impressed! We've used 3D at the 3 dollar theater (well 6 dollars with 3D) and it wasn't all that great, but our kids like it. The 3D on this movie was definitely pleasing though!

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

I finally saw this on the weekend. Wow, what a great movie. Action and adventure and lots of fun. I was a bit worried when everybody was saying how good it was that I'd be going into it with too high and expectation. The first scene had me a bit worried, but after the opening credits I was hooked.

This will be a purchase to add to my library.
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"