X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"Blue Jasmine" Review

While walking into the movie theater to see "Blue Jasmine" with my friend yesterday, he said to me.... "I hope it has good laughs"!!??. Well I can tell you now that it doesn't......hardly. It's not that it's a bad film, it's actually very good. However, I would not paint this film as a comedy at all. In all actuality, it's a very angry film. It has many very angry scenes that at times get a little uncomfortable.

It's a film about Jasmine's fall from the upper class ranks to the working class. She of course does not handle that transition very well at all.

The film is done in the traditional Woody style in every way. The writing is ok but certainly not his best by any stretch of the imagination. I did notice for all you videophiles that it was a digital viewing. There were no lines on the screen that you would see with a traditional 'film' version of a movie. That being said, I did find the image a little 'soft' and not as sharp as other Woody Allen films I've seen.

I liked this film and was entertained by it. It can, however wait for Dvd for anyone that wishes to see it one day. However, it was no "Hannah and her sisters" by any stretch!!.

7/10 stars for the entertainment. You will not need kleenex to wipe of your tears of laughter though.
    Dan Madden :T
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"