X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Sanjiya's Gone

Well, it finally happened. I was starting to wonder if this season would be the demise of "American Idol", if the jokers succeeded in voting in Sanjiya, just to spite the system. I guess it still worked.

Mark my words, in the next few days, you're going to hear conspiracy rumors that Simon or whoever actually kicked Sanjiya off the show, even though he didn't lose the votes this week. That it was fixed.

Who knows.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • eddiespaghetti
    • Sep 2006

26 hours of TV time to select an idol

3 hours of TV time for presidential debates

Is it me, or is something amiss?

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Money. Idol makes and brings more money than the president. Shame, ain't it. lol
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, I think they've said stats before, something like each finale brings in more votes than the entire presidential election or something. Of course, on "Idol", you can vote as many times as you want. (or if you're a Democrat in Washington State)
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Amphiprion
          • Apr 2006

I've never watched the show, but have heard a lot about Sanjiya in the news (sad state of affairs with all that's going on in the world). But anyway, was this guy pure suckage kept alive by his looks or something, or did jokers keep voting him in, or a combination, or what?

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I had heard that Howard Stern started a movement to make the worst contestant on the show win. He decided the worst was Sanjiya--just a way to subvert the purpose of the competition.

I had also heard that he had connections with Hawaii, so he got a lot of votes from there. I really don't think it was his looks or anything.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Burke Strickland
              • Sep 2001

Who'se Sanjiya? :>)

I have never watched "American Idol" all the way through and never at all on my own TV. Yeah, yeah, I do read the newspapers and they've treated this story like the fate of Western civilization depended on that vote. Those must have been slow news days. :>) Of course, there's nothing wrong with enjoying entertainment, even caring about the outcome of contests such as this one, as long as we keep it in perspective.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

It was like that a couple years ago. First time I saw American Idol, I caught only the last two shows. Top 3. One Hawaiian girl was horrible and I wondered how she made it that far. After reading some headlines, it showed that basically the entire state of Hawaii was voting for her. Trying to represent one of their own, I guess. So she was there by mere popularity.
                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"