This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sithlord
    • Aug 2004

I thought the latest ep set in the future was bold but left me wanting more from it. Hearing Peter saying he hadn't had a real fight for ages then only seeing him toss a few guards was underwelming. If I wanted to be really picky I thought the scene in the episode before the future one where Peter turned invisible and Sylar smashed the glass and let loose taking down Peter. What was Peter doing with his back to Sylar?? The potential of Peter (being invisible) in this situation is huge and he could have gone anywhere in that room but he stood with his back turned right in front of Sylar I just didn't get it.

Anyone else notice when Peter and Sylar are facing off in the Future that they both have different flames? Peter looks like real fire but Sylars looks like the nuke guy flames are purple in colour. Seems that they both are using different abilities. Anyway it's stilll an excellent show and I can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by audioqueso
      Kind of a slow episode, huh? Especially for it being the final 3. Great ending though. Can't wait till next week.
      Calm before the storm perhaps.....?

I REALLY want to know what Linderman is planning for Mica!?!?
      Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

And as usual, I pretty much missed the whole thing. So it will be a delayed viewing for me. I did pop in to see some parts and saw the end, which is a nice lead up to the next episodes.

The ending pretty much explains a question I had about Peter blowing up.

Now as Sithlord has so nicely pointed out, I was also wondering what was Peter doing when he had that encouter with Sylar. Here's my take. Peter, now invisible is thinking, should I move, and if I move, Sylar will hear me move, plus he is expecting me to move, so I'll just stay put. Sylar on the other hand, has that super hearing, so he should be able to zero in on Peter's heart beat and knows where to aim the glass, or at least in the general direction. Peter now seeing the glass shards, instictively turns around, and get nailed. I would have expected Peter to fly/levitate to the ceiling, which would have been the beter move.

Now, Peter should really go get some X-men or New Mutant comic books and read them. He will learn a lot from them. But then again, maybe they don't have those comics in that world.

I did see this part and have to ask How does Sylar come out of the stasis/frozen time to grab Hiro's sword?
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by aud19
          I REALLY want to know what Linderman is planning for Mica!?!?
          He's going to rig the election. Linderman told the older brother not to worry about losing, it's in the bag.

I was watching over the last few episodes and reading the comics, but I can't figure out where Sylar got the freezing power from. I imagine that the fight in the future with him and Peter was fire vs ice. But where did it come from. Hmmmmm? :T
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Sithlord
            • Aug 2004

Heroes

Some good points regarding my questions. Freezing power hmmm. I too was wondering where Sylar got that one from. There are a few loop holes in this show but you soon forget them and just enjoy it. I was pretty surprised that Sylar was able to break out of Hiros freezing of time but maybe Hiro had doubts and he dropped his guard for a second which allowed Sylar to escape his grip. I'm not a chemistry major so someone enlighten me. Does intense cold on steel make it brittle? A sword forged so long ago would have been woven many times (yes I've watched Highlander too may times ops: ) and would be pretty hard to break.

Anyway "Ring the cheerleader get a date" oops thats not how the line goes :rofl: Until next week 8)

Comment

• soho54
              • Dec 2005

I remember in one of the scenes of Sylar's victims (or in a crime scene picture maybe?)at the start of the season being frozen. It was there from the start of the show, so it should be taken as a power he received while still with Suresh's pop.

I follow the Hiro let up, lost focus theory.

Intense cold does make metal, and anything else brittle. Think liquid nitrogen. :T

I love the show, but hate having to setup a manual record to make sure I get the end. Thanks NBC. :roll:

Comment

• P-Dub
                Office Moderator
                • Aug 2000

When Sylar went to visit his Mom, he did the snow thing with the sink hose, so he must have gotten that power sometime before.

I agree, that Hiro lost focus and that is how Sylar broke free.

I have my tape setup a couple of minutes before and it goes late to make sure I catch everything. Luckily Hero's is on then 24 so I just end up taping back to back on the same channel.
                Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• audioqueso
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeeeee! One more week!!! Tonight was a good episode! One more weak! One more weak!

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Recorded it last night, still have to watch it....glad to hear it's a gooder though! :P :T
                    Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Yes, finally we get the season finale!
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Chris D
                        Yes, finally we get the season finale!
                        But that also means no new episodes for a LONNNNNNG time :cry:
                        Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                          Office Moderator
                          • Aug 2000

Ah, now this is the break out show of the year, for me anyways. Poor Ted, we hardly knew you.

Linderman, wow I just didn't see that coming!

Mica, now that is a cool power. Just think what he could do to all the spam and spammers in the world!

So how the heck is Hiro going to get schooled by Sulu in a couple of hours to become a master swordsman? In movies we have the musical montage of training.

Okay here's the scenario with the T-Rex. It is Hiro vs the shapeshifter who turns into the T-Rex.

Oh, and they do have comics in the Hero world. Silver Surfer #1. So Peter better stop by a comic store to figure out how to use his powers.

Now one thing is puzzling me. In an earlier episode Hiro transports into the future and sees Issac Mendez with this skull lopped off and the cops come in and bust him. Then the bomb goes off. That's future scenario 1. Now Issac is dead , but the timing is off. Wouldn't that be a clear indication that the future can be changed? So then wouldn't the various changes that Hiro is making effectively change the future such that previous Mendez paintings will no longer be an accurate reflection of the future?

Hmm..
                          Paul

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Paul Wu
                            Okay here's the scenario with the T-Rex. It is Hiro vs the shapeshifter who turns into the T-Rex.
                            I thought we already decided that was in the museum....?
                            Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                              Office Moderator
                              • Aug 2000

I remember the musem, but I don't recall seeing the actual shot.

Or because of my theory above, the actual scene will not actually happen.
                              Paul

Comment

• audioqueso
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by aud19
                                I thought we already decided that was in the museum....?
                                But the museum wasn't a T-Rex like the painting. It was just bones.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Paul Wu
                                  Now one thing is puzzling me. In an earlier episode Hiro transports into the future and sees Issac Mendez with this skull lopped off and the cops come in and bust him. Then the bomb goes off. That's future scenario 1. Now Issac is dead , but the timing is off. Wouldn't that be a clear indication that the future can be changed? So then wouldn't the various changes that Hiro is making effectively change the future such that previous Mendez paintings will no longer be an accurate reflection of the future?
                                  No one said the future can't be changed. They said the bomb can't be stopped. Like that book/movie Time Machine. No matter how many things he changed, his girlfriend always dies.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2004

Man... what was that!? All that build up only to have a weak ending? I was disappointed. I thought it was going to be a LOT better than that. Oh well. Will have to wait until September for the next season. :T

Comment

• Chris D
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Dec 2000

Yeah, that was a bit of a letdown. Not too bad, but I was expecting a ROCKIN' ending, based on the quality of the show.

So they implied that Sylar lived at the end, dragging himself into the sewer. I think that's kind of a cop-out. You don't NEED Sylar around for future tension.

Now, the "tracking system" girl implied that there's one person in the world more evil than Sylar, who she called the "bogeyman". Said that when she searches for him, "He can see her". Interesting. Perhaps another setup for next season?

I didn't quite understand Nathan Petrelli showing up for the climax. He didn't have to die with Peter, if Claire had shot Peter. Or since Peter himself could fly, he could have just launched himself into the sky to explode. For that matter, I don't think we ever were told for sure that whoever the exploding bomb ended up being, it would kill the bomb, too.

I was surprised that Peter ended up being the bomb after all. And I was also surprised to see Nikki/Jessica participate in the final fight. That was kind of cool.

Well, now we get season 2! Looking forward to it.
                                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Nov 2004

I didn't quite understand Nathan Petrelli showing up for the climax. He didn't have to die with Peter, if Claire had shot Peter. Or since Peter himself could fly, he could have just launched himself into the sky to explode. For that matter, I don't think we ever were told for sure that whoever the exploding bomb ended up being, it would kill the bomb, too..
                                        I think the whole meaning behind that is that Nathan knew he had disappointed his brother at the parking lot scene. So I took it as "let me do this one last thing for you to prove myself to you". Plus Peter couldn't use any of his powers when the nuclear thing occured. He mentioned losing control two episodes ago. I think that's why he couldn't fly alone.

I was kind of disappointed that Peter died. Not so much that he did died, but it just seemed like his character was too much ripped off of Neo from the Matrix. The one! You know.

So yeah... next fall. :T

Comment

• Foxman
                                          • Jan 2003

I was very dissapointed with the showdown between Hiro and Sylar. I really expected there to be more to that and if Sylar had regeneritive powers then why would that have killed him (this is what was going through my mind while watching) and then of course you see the blood trail, which again I say, how would he not have regenerated? I did think it was cool that so many Hero's ended up fighting Sylar, but they could have done more IMO.

The "boogeyman" was sylar I thought, I didn't think the girl named the one that could see her and that is what I took as being next years drama.

The Hiro shot at the end was just something to talk about IMO, I don't think it really has anything to do with next year. Also, was it just me or did it look like something black coming from the manhole or was that a bug?

I'll watch next year I am sure.
                                          IMO

My Movies
                                          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• P-Dub
                                            Office Moderator
                                            • Aug 2000

While a good episode, I too felt it was a bit of a let down.

Yeah, what's the deal with Sylar? It looks like he escaped and shouldn't Hiro have made one more thrust to finish him off?

Yes, there is someone more 'evil' than Sylar. So I think this is the setup for next season.

I don't understand why Nathan came to the 'rescue'. By, shooting Peter, wouldn't he just stop, then pull the bullet out and presto, he's healed? Maybe there is a key scene missing where he can only use one power at a time? Therefore he can't fly away.

There's a DVD with the whole season plus deleted scenes coming out in August, so I will be looking forward to that.
                                            Paul

Comment

• aud19
                                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2003

I agree it was a bit anti-climatic but I'll have to agree that either Peter can only use one power at a time or that it simply overpowered him and he was really unable to do anything else. Can't wait for next season though!
                                              Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Nov 2004

Sylar did not have regenerating powers. That was ONLY if he killed Claire. Hence, "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World". In the future episode, they explained that Claire was killed by Sylar allowing him to live. Which is why he had regenerating powers then.

I don't think the boogeyman was Sylar. I thought it was. But when the little girl thought of him, they didn't show that he saw her. That was the first piece of information leading me to think that it was NOT Sylar. Second, she wasn't afraid of finding him. They asked her to find Sylar. She said she could and AFTERWARDS said there was only one person she couldn't find... the boogeyman.

About Nathan, again, I think the whole meaning behind that is that Nathan knew he had disappointed his brother at the parking lot scene. Peter read his mind, verbally said "Claire was right about you", Nathan couldn't read his mind, but by the look on his face, it seemed like he knew he let Peter down. So when he came at the end, I took it as "let me do this one last thing for you to prove myself to you". Plus Peter couldn't use any of his powers when the nuclear thing occured. He mentioned losing control two episodes ago. I think that's why he couldn't fly alone.

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Oct 2002

For those that don't have it Tivo'd, Sylar is the boogeyman. It's a little confusing at first listen, but I just watched it again.

Claire's dad: Sylar is out there.

Molly: You mean the boogeyman?...I can do it, I can tell you where he is.

Molly: Almost anyone, there's only one that I can't.

Is it someone bad Molly, Like the boogeyman?

Molly: No, he's a lot worse.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Nov 2004

Yeah, I watched it again. But it kind of contridicts itself, no? Kind of confusing.

Comment

• Sithlord
                                                      • Aug 2004

Ok I too was disappointed with the finale looks like they ran out of money. Also I believe Peter is not dead as the guy he got the power off went off pretty big in the house a few episodes back and lived when Claire went in and knocked him out. Whats the point of having a power that when used to it's limits kills you? It's like the Human Torch in the FF4 he can go nova doesn't mean he will die from it as thats his power overwise he would burn himself everytime he says "Flame On". Thats how I see Peters Nuke power anyway.

With all the powers Peter has why stand in the open when he can:

1. Become invisible

2. Has telekinisis like Slyar

And more yet he just waits for Sylar to start choking him. Whats with Sylar and choking anyway? He can slice through most things by mear thought and a wave of his hand (like he did with the painting) so why bother just chocking when he could just slice Peter in half :roll: I guess that would be too easy and not as fun to watch plus it draws things out more. Just little things like this stops this show from being so much more. Hope season 2 brings out all the stops.

Comment

• Foxman
                                                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Sithlord

With all the powers Peter has why stand in the open when he can:

1. Become invisible

2. Has telekinisis like Slyar
                                                        Because he can only use one power at a time I think, and is having control issues.

But I think most of us agree it was a thin finaly at best and certainly not what the show has been
                                                        IMO

My Movies
                                                        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                          Office Moderator
                                                          • Aug 2000

Wouldn't Peter have also now abosorbed all of Sylar's stolen powers? I think I'll have to watch the episode again, but I thought they were close enough for the power transfer to occur.

And as Sithlord has pointed out. I'm sure Peter survided the explosion, but Nathan didn't. So now we will have a reclusive and moping Peter.

I agree that it must be a control issue. Peter is just too new to the powers game.
                                                          Paul

Comment

• DSGCobra
                                                            • Feb 2003

But couldn't Nathan just fly as high as possible then throw Peter even higher and take off in the other direction? He seems fast enough to get out of the blast zone?

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                              Office Moderator
                                                              • Aug 2000

That's a good point! Nathan may not be strong enough to throw Peter higher, but the momentum should carry Peter upwards and Nathan can just fly away. Maybe the blast will through out a strong enough shockwave that it will impact Nathan and knock him unconcious?
                                                              Paul

Comment

• aud19
                                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Aug 2003

Heroes tonight!!! :banana:
                                                                Jason

Comment

• aud19
                                                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                  • Aug 2003

So I guess Hiro's going to take over for his hero in ancient Japan and fulfill the stories, which should also help with the training and look of "future" Hiro...

Should be interesting to see where the Bennett/Dr. Suresh storyline goes.

Can't wait to see what happens with Peter either!
                                                                  Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                    • Dec 2000

Yeah, I'd say it's a pretty good start for season 2! We seem to be leading towards finding out who or what the scary being is that's frightening the little girl.

Yes, the Peter story should be good.

And another flying boy!
                                                                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Foxman
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jan 2003

Wonder what the deal with Silar is?

Also, I am curious if it is Peter that is the scary man the girl is dreaming of.

Liking season 2 so far. One other interesting plot is the ability of the dude from 1621.
                                                                      IMO

My Movies
                                                                      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                        • Dec 2000

Well, we know that Peter, Nathan, and Sylar all survived.

I kind of doubt that Peter is the super scary man. We still don't know what happened to him, but he doesn't seem like a bad guy. And since he doesn't even know himself, we'll have to wait and see what powers he does have now.

As for Sylar, I think he's not absorbing and manifesting powers right now, because he's severely wounded. Matter of fact, I wonder how the girl was able to save him from death. That was sad, when she died and you saw that she really was a chunky girl. But what's up with the cabin they're in, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere?
                                                                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Foxman
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jan 2003

As for Sylar, I think he's not absorbing and manifesting powers right now, because he's severely wounded. Matter of fact, I wonder how the girl was able to save him from death. That was sad, when she died and you saw that she really was a chunky girl. But what's up with the cabin they're in, out in the middle of absolutely nowhere?
                                                                          The girl had been on the phone and based on her demeanor I suspect she works for "The Company" or "A Company" that has an interest in his survival or abilities.
                                                                          IMO

My Movies
                                                                          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Ovation
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Sep 2004
                                                                            • 2202

Finally caught up (via DVD and PVR). Great show. (on a technical note, the SD DVD looks almost as good as the HD broadcast on my PVR--so either my HD service isn't all that great or my projector's video processing does a superb job with SD DVD. In any case, it all looks good).

The girl was the same one who "babysat" Micah last season (he told her he had a friend who ate like her and he was huge--she said, so am I). It is a sad commentary on life, but it is not surprising in the least that a person who can appear in any fashion imaginable would choose to be beautiful.

I got spoiled with the DVD rental, though, as I didn't have to cope with all those annoying blurbs from NBC.

My favourite character, so far, has to be Hiro.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                                              • Jan 2006
                                                                              • 16073

I have the first season on HD-DVD and I can say it does not compare to the SD at all. HD cable and satellite don't impress me that much.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                • Jan 2006
                                                                                • 16073

I don't think Peter can absorb abilites that were not orgionally Sylar's. A question in my mind is how Sylar actually absorbs these abilities? Like we know he cuts off the top of their heads but does he like eat it or what? Just something I've thought about. I really love this show! First time I've been this interested in a tv show in a very long time.

Comment

• Ovation
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Sep 2004
                                                                                  • 2202

Originally posted by Dougie085
                                                                                  I have the first season on HD-DVD and I can say it does not compare to the SD at all. HD cable and satellite don't impress me that much.
                                                                                  I suspected as much. But HD cable is still a lot better than SD cable (at least on my 64 inch screen--and even more so on bigger screens, I'll bet). The proof is in hockey on HD vs SD. However, a hi-def disc player is not in the cards this year (summer/fall 08 is the most realistic scenario for me) and I've only seen glimpses of them in stores. Therefore, I will remain in my half-ignorant bliss for now and enjoy the improved TV PQ (even if it is not as good as it could be) and enjoy the very good video processing of my projector (which brings SD DVDs, generally, to about 95% of HD cable on my screen--though I suspect the gap would be greater if I had, say, a 100 inch screen).

Next year, along with the hi-def player, I plan to re-arrange my room and furniture to accommodate a 75-80 inch (possibly 85 inches at the outside, but it is a small room) screen. Until then, though, I'll enjoy Heroes (and other HD cable and SD DVD) on my current screen--a big step up from a 4:3 32 inch SD CRT. :T

Comment

• Ovation
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Sep 2004
                                                                                    • 2202

I don't think Peter can absorb abilites that were not orgionally Sylar's. A question in my mind is how Sylar actually absorbs these abilities? Like we know he cuts off the top of their heads but does he like eat it or what? Just something I've thought about. I really love this show! First time I've been this interested in a tv show in a very long time.
                                                                                    That doesn't make sense as Peter absorbed a number of abilities before he met Sylar. What leads you to think that?

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                      • Jan 2006
                                                                                      • 16073

Like the abilities Sylar has are not truely his he stole them from other people. So maybe Peter can't absorb those because they are not really Syars natural abilities.

Comment

• Ovation
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Sep 2004
                                                                                        • 2202

I see. You mean Peter cannot absorb any of Sylar's "stolen" abilities--only those naturally possessed by Sylar. Okay, that makes more sense.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                                          • 16073

Yeah I was tired having trouble wording it I don't think Sylar has any naturally posessed abilities.

Comment

• Ovation
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2004
                                                                                            • 2202

Yeah I was tired having trouble wording it I don't think Sylar has any naturally posessed abilities.
                                                                                            He must have at least telekinesis, as that is one power Peter absorbed from him (and it is the power he showed to the elder Dr. Suresh).

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"