X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Foxman
    I was yelling shoot him when he had the gun to his head the first time.
    I was also yelling at Claire's Dad that that wasn't his wife at the end of the episode too :lol:

As for NY exploding...I'd wager that still could change.....?
    Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

I'm sure the NY scenery will be changing.

I'm guessing Hiro vs T-Rex is going to be good, but I'm betting it's not the 'real' thing.

I'm thinking Peter should be more powerful than Sylar. He's been in close proximity and therefore should be able to absorb all the powers that Sylar has taken. If Peter has mastered his control, he should be able to take Sylar out quite easily. I'm thinking Sylar will eventually escape this encounter. I think Peter should just go and buy a few comic books and read them and he will then understand how to use his powers for good and stop feeling sory for himself. Or he should talk to Hiro.

The shape shifter took be by surprise with Mr Bennet. It's too bad he didn't clue in.

Oh and the cliche has switched, the good guy does the talking instead of just shooting the bad guy.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• mike c
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Paul Wu
        I'm guessing Hiro vs T-Rex is going to be good, but I'm betting it's not the 'real' thing.
        wasn't this done already at the museum? Hiro had posed in front of a museum piece dinosaur. (similar to the painting - I doubt they're gonna put it in, unless they read this thread and see how many people want to see it)

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Sithlord
          Peter will survive this dual with the healing ability and maybe this is how he gets the scar that Hiro from the future mentioned.
          Good call. I forgot about that.

I just want somebody to die already. I think it's kind of cheesy that they keep showing commercials like "and guess what happens to... " and nothing really happens.

Sylar should have died already.
          Claire's father should have died already.

They keep bring new heros (the computer girl being the cheesiest), but no one dies when they have the chance. People, if you have the chance to die, take it! lol
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by mike c
            wasn't this done already at the museum? Hiro had posed in front of a museum piece dinosaur. (similar to the painting - I doubt they're gonna put it in, unless they read this thread and see how many people want to see it)
            True, but every painting so far has occurred exactly as it was painted. So who knows.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Well, Sylar sure has been doing his share of killing. And the painter killed his girlfriend, so there's definite death happening. Just not to the prime Heroes characters.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
                Office Moderator
                • Aug 2000

Well tonight's the night!

What to watch? Playoff's or Heros!

Well in my case neither! :x I have a meeting from 6-8 and I probably won't get home till 9!

I'll be taping Hero's and hopefully getting some playoff score updates on Vancouver vs Dallas.
                Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Definitely Heroes for me. Looking forward to it.

Peter can't really be dead! They're doing a good job of making it seem that way, but something has to be going on.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Pez
                    • May 2004

I cant wait for tonight - am going to DVR 24 so I can watch Heroes. In the past 24 would have come before anything but Heroes has become my new must see show. This first season has gotten better and better and hope that keeps up till seasons end.

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

DVR Heroes and watching it after the game :T
                      Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Sundays and Mondays have become my two big TV nights. Sunday has Battlestar Galactica, Family Guy, and then Ebert & Roeper. Monday has Heroes and then Jay Leno does "Headlines", which I get a big kick out of. Now Fox is adding "Drive" to the Monday night lineup, too.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Recorded it last night and will watch it tonight. No time last night as we were busy celebrating

GO CANUCKS GO!!! arty:
                          Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

I'd say it was a pretty good episode. To clarify what I got out of the episode, (correct me if you guys got different info)

WARNING, Spoilers!

- The Petrelli's mom (Claire's grandmom) has suggested that she's a Hero too, but we don't know what her power is. At one point she jokes that "she gets pretty hot sometimes", so I wonder if her power is something like that. Claire's real mom already can create fire, though, and so far we haven't seen duplicate powers, other than the two characters who can take other Heroes' powers.

- Did I miss something? Nikki's son, I think his name is Marcus. Did I miss a part where he was identified as some super-being, like a Hero? All of a sudden, he's a big subplot, with Linderman saying he's going to save the world

- I didn't see it coming that Mr. Linderman was going to be a Hero, but I guess that makes sense

- Right before he dies, the painter says that he gets to be a hero and save the day, but I didn't see how he does that. Perhaps he paints a picture telling Hiro in the future how to travel back and save the day?

- I wonder who the Oriental warrior is that confronts Hiro at the end!
                            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Nov 2004

It was a different episode. Like they had a different screen writer or something.

The thing I don't like is that everyone and their mothers (literately) has powers now. Chris, if I heard right, Petrelli's mom has the same power as Claire, healing powers.

And yes, in regards to Mica, they showed him use his power twice. The first time was about 4 episodes when he was with his dad, and sneeked out of the hotel to call his mom. His dad caught him, Mica said he was playing, and his dad saw it was a broken phone, so he believed him. Mica had fixed the phone so he could use it. The second time was the ATM bank job he did.

Linderman having powers as well... I wasn't suprised at all. Like I said, everyone now has powers. I kept thinking of the movies The Incredibles when Syndrome says "... and if everyone is special, no one is." lol

The painter said he was already a hero because he aided everyone in stopping Sylar. He already knew he was going to die, so you see earlier in the show that he gave all his paintings to Linderman and that comic guy. So I guess he says he's like a hero because he gave away all his paintings about Sylar so that Sylar will not be the only one knowing what will happen.

And the other warrior is Hiro. They're both time traveling. Like in the 4th or 5th episode (Save The Cheerleader, Save The World episode), when he met Peter in the train, he identified himself as Hiro. I guess they just crossed pathes while jumping through time.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

BIG SPOILER!!!
                                (DON'T POINT YOUR MOUSE OVER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS LATER)

Any of you ever go to www.nbc.com/Heroes and read the comic strips? Well, the lastest one reveals that Sylar is actually the guy who blows up NYC. It explains a lot more. Including what "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World" means. It's pretty interesting if anyone wants to go check it out.

Comment

• aud19
                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2003

Watched it last night!!!

Yeah I'd say Mica has what I'll call the "Fonzie power" :lol: Not sure what Linderman's planning to do with it though....?.

Interested to see what happens with the Hiro and Isaac storyline too (and yes that's just future-Hiro Chris )
                                  Jason

Comment

• mike c
                                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                    BIG SPOILER!!!
                                    (DON'T POINT YOUR MOUSE OVER UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS LATER)

Any of you ever go to www.nbc.com/Heroes and read the comic strips? Well, the lastest one reveals that Sylar is actually the guy who blows up NYC. It explains a lot more. Including what "Save the Cheerleader, Save The World" means. It's pretty interesting if anyone wants to go check it out.
                                    if sylar's the exploding guy ... that would mean he opened up and killed nuclear guy poor him

Comment

• audioqueso
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2004

Did you read the comic? Here's a summary for those that don't want to read it: BIG SPOILER WARNING!!!

Sylar kills the Nuclear guy, giving him the power to explode. He also kills the cheerleader. When he's blowing up, Hiro stabs him with his sword in the back to stop him, but Sylar regenerated with Claire's powers and continues on. Hiro teleports... so he lives. Hiro spends five years studying the painting 'timelines'... looking for what point in time he should change to prevent the bomb. Hiro realizes that if the cheerleader is saved, Sylar will die once Hiro stabs him in the back. Hence, save the cheerleader, save the world. So he goes back in time to Peter to tell him to save the cheerleader because he believes Peter is the one who can stop Sylar.

Comment

• mike c
                                        • Dec 2005

didn't read the comic, was (still am) at work

will read it now while the boss isn't around.

as per the old episodes:
                                        after painter guy gets killed by sylar, Hiro discovers the body, and then the nuclear thingy explodes ... that would mean the next few episodes will have to happen in a span of not more than 1-2 days

Hiro should just leave the sword in sylar, so that he'd stay dead

can't seem to find the comic strips on the site ... ops:

Comment

• audioqueso
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Nov 2004

Heroes - Watch every episode on NBC.com and the NBC App. Milo Ventimiglia stars in the sci-fi drama about people with extraordinary abilities.

Under the main word Heroes there is a menu (Main, Watch Episodes, etc)
                                          Go to Novels
                                          Then click on View Interactive Novel

I think you're right that it should be happening all within a few days. 4 more episodes, right? It's like 24 now. lol This show is so good!

Comment

• Foxman
                                            • Jan 2003

Hi my name is Russ and I am an adict.....

Hi Russ

Wow, what a fun show to watch. I read the spoiler, but am interested to see if it plays out since it seems the writers are still looking for some ideas from it's viewers.
                                            IMO

My Movies
                                            Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• mike c
                                              • Dec 2005

thanks audioqueso

Comment

• aud19
                                                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Aug 2003

Hi my name is Russ and I am an adict.....

Hi Russ

Wow, what a fun show to watch. I read the spoiler, but am interested to see if it plays out since it seems the writers are still looking for some ideas from it's viewers.
                                                :lol: When and where are the meetings? :lol:
                                                Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Nov 2004

Theories, not ideas. That's what they want you to post. With 4 episodes left, I'm sure they're done recording. I HOPE SO! I don't think I would ever give NBC any credit whatsoever if they had 4 shows left, and weren't done recording because they ran out of ideas for the last few episodes. lol

Comment

• Foxman
                                                    • Jan 2003

Theories, not ideas. That's what they want you to post. With 4 episodes left, I'm sure they're done recording. I HOPE SO! I don't think I would ever give NBC any credit whatsoever if they had 4 shows left, and weren't done recording because they ran out of ideas for the last few episodes. lol

Great point.

I didnt really engage my brain before I typed that into the keyboard.

Then again, I haven engaged my brain a lot today. ops:
                                                    IMO

My Movies
                                                    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                      Office Moderator
                                                      • Aug 2000

Man do I have to watch my tape!
                                                      Paul

Comment

• mike c
                                                        • Dec 2005

anybody know if this will be a 1 season show or will there be a second season?

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Nov 2004

That's a good question. That would be cool if they made another, but I guess the idea is so different, that they have to come up will something totally new. I guess we'll have to wait four more weeks until the finale for them to tell us if there will be another season.

Comment

• aud19
                                                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2003

How would there not be?!? They're making WAY too much money for there not to be.
                                                            Jason

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Nov 2004

I'm not saying there can't be, but it's such a unique concept that I think it would be hard to match. It's like the Wachowski brothers making another Matrix trilogy while still keeping it like the Matrix. We'll see in 4 weeks. Yeah!!!!

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Dec 2000

Yes, it will be interesting to see.

I have to wonder, though, if they're really going to have the show turn out like the novels. Sounds weird that they would give away the plot of the remaining shows before they air!

(and I did my best not to read the spoilers)
                                                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                                  Office Moderator
                                                                  • Aug 2000

I finally caught up. So what will happen tonight! Again, I will be taping, but thank's for the spoilers.
                                                                  Paul

Comment

• Pez
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2004

Originally posted by mike c
                                                                    anybody know if this will be a 1 season show or will there be a second season?
                                                                    Considering its doing well I dont see NBC making this a one and done. Now if the ratings stunk and nobody was watching then it would get canned (Surface comes to mind). After all, why would NBC yank a show that was very successful? Its not like they have a ton of hits right now.

This show will definately be back for AT LEAST one more season.

Comment

• Pez
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2004

This is an interview on tvguide.com with one of the actors and based on his comments season 2 looks to be definite.
                                                                      Last edited by Pez; 30 April 2007, 22:10 Monday.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Nov 2004

Watching it right now. This show is so good! Peter is like the new Neo. Ha ha

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                          • Dec 2000
                                                                          • 16877

Yeah, that WAS a good one tonight. As always, can't wait for next week!

(and it looks like the comics may be diverging from the show after all!)
                                                                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                                                                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                            • Aug 2003
                                                                            • 16706

Watching it right now. This show is so good! Peter is like the new Neo. Ha ha
                                                                            I was having similar thoughts as well. The show seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from things like the Matrix and X-Men

Great episode again last night!! :P :T Too bad there's only apparently 3 more episodes left this season :cry:
                                                                            Jason

Comment

• DSGCobra
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Feb 2003
                                                                              • 224

I agree last nights show was great. But it really didn't mean anything. It was kind of like a what if situation.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Nov 2004
                                                                                • 1930

That was sweet about Sylar. The comic is still right though. Remember this was all Hiro's story of what happened. He said what had happened, but he didn't know what had really happened with Sylar. But until last night, no character 5 years later knew about Peter's true story nor Sylar's. 3 more weeks. This is so good!!

I'm willing to bet the little girl is his daughter. Hence a weak spot.

Comment

• Chris D
                                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Dec 2000
                                                                                  • 16877

Couldn't figure out why, is Peter has Claire's regenerative healing powers now, that he would have that big face scar. Was wondering what happened to the real Senator Petrelli.
                                                                                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                    • Aug 2003
                                                                                    • 16706

Originally posted by Chris D
                                                                                    Couldn't figure out why, is Peter has Claire's regenerative healing powers now, that he would have that big face scar. Was wondering what happened to the real Senator Petrelli.
                                                                                    I'm guessing that the scar was from fighting Sylar (which we'll no doubt see more about in a future episode...?) and was so bad that even he couldn't regenerate from it entirely. His brother was killed by Sylar, hence why Sylar was disguised as him and could fly.
                                                                                    Jason

Comment

• Foxman
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jan 2003
                                                                                      • 434

not to mention that Peter has Clairs healing power from having been around her. Unlike Syler who apparently has to kill to get their power, Peter simply has to come into contact with that person to be able to use that power.

Do you recall Peter was "in training" with the guy who could dissapear to help him harness the power's he had come into contact with.

the whole time I am watching, I am getting this vibe that Peter and his brother are on differant sides of this, that and Peters and Hiro's bitterness seemed odd to me. Once Syler revealed himself, it made a lot more sense. When Dr. Siresh was ordered to kill the "Young" Hiro was another sign that the President was clearly not himself, he was too driven. Still though if they hadnt revealed it was Sylar, I might not have called it.

Great episode.
                                                                                      IMO

My Movies
                                                                                      Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• aud19
                                                                                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Aug 2003
                                                                                        • 16706

Originally posted by aud19
                                                                                        I'm guessing that the scar was from fighting Sylar (which we'll no doubt see more about in a future episode...?) and was so bad that even he couldn't regenerate from it entirely. His brother was killed by Sylar, hence why Sylar was disguised as him and could fly.
                                                                                        Edit:
                                                                                        Just thought the scar could also be from when Peter "exploded"...?
                                                                                        Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                                                                                          Office Moderator
                                                                                          • Aug 2000
                                                                                          • 6766

Looking forward to another great episode. Let's see if I can watch it in real time! But the tape is set, just in case.

And now another hero?
                                                                                          Paul

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2004
                                                                                            • 1930

Kind of a slow episode, huh? Especially for it being the final 3. Great ending though. Can't wait till next week.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"