X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Over the Hedge!!!

Hello All,

Who had to explain the "THX" scene on the preview?
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Eh? Do tell... I own all the THX intros on DVD. Is there a new one now?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Sithlord
      • Aug 2004

No Chris it's not new...damm. During the trailer towards the end, 3 of the animals enter a lounge room one of them sits on a remote which turns on a HT and has the THX trailer (Just the letters and the sound) with funny results. Pretty good

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

So it's not an actual THX trailer? Too bad. They come up with some good ones sometimes. The Simpsons trailer is still my favorite, then probably the Terminator 2 Special Edition THX trailer, then the Star Wars THX trailers on discs 1-3.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Sithlord
          • Aug 2004

I would have to say that my favourite would definalty be the Tex flying around one. Sounds great when he flys around to every speaker. I bought the THX disc that suppliers get and it has every trailer and music and a EX test section. But the best was the 5 min approx montage called WOW very well put together. You can buy it from ebay:

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Yup, that's the demo disc. An authentic one can go for a couple hundred dollars.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

(I gots me one too) There's one version that looks about the same, but is much stronger and deeper sonically than the standard THX intros. I'll look to find the name of it.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• FlashJim
                • Apr 2006

We just got back from the movie. Loved it!!
                Jim

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

I just bought and watched the movie last night. Absolutely loved it! Fantastic picture quality and resolution, good animation, good story, funny humor. To me, this movie sets an important bar. Here's the deal--

To me, Pixar has always been the pinnacle of computer animation movies, and Dreamworks has been wannabees. I enjoyed the "Shrek" movies, but they weren't Pixar quality. Pixar had it all--quality animation, humor, and great storylines. HOWEVER, IMHO, "Over the Hedge" finally... FINALLY reaches up to the standard set by Pixar. I might even have liked it more than "Cars", which says a lot. There were scenes where I was deeply laughing. I can't wait to see if they continue with this quality. (Shrek 3 might be the next Dreamwork film)

As for the THX trailer, yes, that was one of the better scenes in the movie that really had me laughing.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"