X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Tarantino's CSI : anyone else catch it?

This was definitely CSI with a twist. His witty dialog was not there but the story/plot was.

PQ in HDTV was something else though.
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Yup, it was a radical departure from the normal episodes, but what's with the oddball character development in the locker room at the start?

And I think they could have done something a little less obsure than the gal in the prison - but she did give me the creeps though.

Great episode.

Comment

• Radec
      • Jan 2005

I enjoyed it.
      I wasn't big on the whole dream sequence/autopsy scene...just didn't think it was much to it or a need for it. Other than that, good story and the PQ in HD was very nice.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Sheesh, I forgot to watch it.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I enjoyed it a lot and thought that for the most part it was well done...it certianly had its typical Tarantino moments incl. the above mentioned autopsy scene.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

The autopsy scene was the weakest point IMO. And that's only because it went on too long. A little hallucination due to all the venom from the fire ants swarming all over his body was a nice touch, but taken as a whole it was too much.

One other thing that felt a little out of place was Stokes' father's response when he saw him on screen in the coffin. "Aww, Pancho what have you gotten yourself into?" I mean, what was that?

Overall though, if this is representative of Tarantino's TV work then they need to have him direct another episode or two per season. :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Neal_C
              • Feb 2003

I watched it and thought it was really well done. I would give my vote for a couple Tarantino episodes per season.

Comment

• gostan
                • May 2003

Most 2 hour end of season episodes tend to be expanded versions of the 1 hour regular shows and should really only be a 90 minute episode. Tarrantino's CSI kept me interested for the full 2 hours and was a welcome diversion to the normally overdone typical CSI episodes of late.
                Stan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I read somewhere this was Tarantion's way to test the waters to see how he liked the TV world...he's apparently got some idea's floating around that would be better suited to a TV series then a movie so this was a fun way to get a feel for the medium.

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

IIRC, he and some of the cast ran into each other in a hotel lobby, got to kibbitzing, and since everyone got along so well the idea was hatched to have him direct an (or some) episodes.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

I didn't catch it, darnit, I wanted to...
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"