X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Club Conrad Johnson

I was thinking of calling this thread Club Conrad Johnson, 2 cats and a mortgage - but I thought that was kinda specific.

Some of the smaller clubs seem a bit quiet because you do not have the upgraditus thing within the brand which seems to feed alot of the discussion elsewhere. CJ have a few models plus tubes vs solid state so I am guessing that there is some room for discussion. I thought is was a brand worthy of some discussion so..............

Are there any CJ owners out there, what ya got and what do you think of the gear?

I have a PV14LS2 which is a nice pre-amp.

I auditioned the CA 200 which sounded pretty nice, although I have yet to try it in my naim/B&W system. It will be interesting to see what sort of synergy there is in this setup.

Anyone else out there use the CA200? What other gear are you using with it?
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Yeah I should have known. CJ owners are way too happy with their gear and see no need to upgrade. They are all sitting back with a cool one enjoying the grooves rather than cruising the forums looking for an excuse to upgrade.

Maybe if I get this new control amp I will stop coming hear to check out what others are doing. I will be spending all my time deciding which CD to play or what new CD to buy.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Okay!
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Briz vegas
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

There's a party going on at the club tonight. DJ CJ will be spinning discs till the wee small hours. Over at the doof tent there will be plenty of doof and free drinks for all the punters. You guys in the other clubs just don't know what you are missing.

Oh and the music sounds pretty darn good as well.

I'm off to the doof tent to enjoy a couple of nicely warmed tubes. Chow (later dudes)

Comment

• RedWolf
          • Sep 2007

I am debating two very different products, one of which is the Conrad Johnson MET150 a five-channel amplifier rated at 150 watts per channel. Single box is a huge plus for me. Does anyone have this product, tell me about the sound, setup challenges and heat. I want to put it away in a closed cabinet with a fully open back. I will probably end up connecting it to a Krell S1000 pre/pro.

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

I use an open rack for my CA200 and it is a very different beast so unfortunately I can't offer any advice. I would be relucant to lock any amp away, let alone a valve or Class A amp. I live in Brisbane (30 degree C summer days are typical) so that taints my opinion.

CJ has a great house sound. As well as the CA200 I have also owned a PV14ls2 valve preamp. Its detailed but never harsh. CJ gear is well worth an audition (I'm not on commission, just a happy owner) even with poor quality recordings, or movie sound tracks I guess.

If you do audition let me now how it goes :T

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"