X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fivepack
    • Aug 2004

Rotel CD-players

As a newbie to this forum and Rotel, i recently purchased my rsp-1068 and rmb-1075. WOW what a sound differance compared to my good old Technics.

My question is relatively simple, does anybody know what the differance is between the rcd-1070 and rcd-1072???

greetz
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Welcome and your Answer...

Greetz,

Welcome to our forum - may you have a long and happy time as a member - learning and contributing with the rest of us...

This forum has a great search function and you could find the answer to this in 60 seconds using the search button....

However (since you are a "new" member) - the answer is (IMO) while the 1070 is good, the 1072 is great...

Here are is the most recent THREAD (see the change from post 12 to 13 in the thread) and there are several more posts if you search...

Bottom line - Rotel completely redesigned the 1072 from the 1070, with a new look, new CD transport, new DACs, new ultra low noise analog stage, new low jitter digital stage... As a result - "The Absolute Sound" magazine product of the year 2003...

Geoff

Comment

• fivepack
      • Aug 2004

ops:

Euhm, sorry could have thought that myself. Won't happen again, next time i will use the search engine!!! Thnx anyway for your reply :T

1 remark though, why is the rcd-1072 only listed on the north america site and not on the global site? Does this mean that i can't buy the 1072 in The Netherlands? Maybe a silly question or should i use the search.... :W

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Greetz,

To answer your question, Rotel is often months behind putting a product on their site after it is available in a location. Who knows the reason for this. One possibility is that they are a small family run company from Japan... Another is that they progressively release new products round the world as their manufacturing capacity ramps up. For example in Australia we got the RSP-1068 about 3 months after the USA....

However - 100% they are for sale in Europe now

Geoff

Comment

• asg420
          • Jul 2004

Opinions of the RCC -1055

After reading this thread....I am now questioning my decision to purchase the RCC 1055 -

I currently own a 1070 - I must say that this player has given me hours of crystal clear and detailed performance! I am not going to replace it just yet....I will be using it in a smaller system in my home office

I decided to purchase the RCC 1055 for a few reasons.....First being, I want to have a 5 disc changer linked up so I can be lazy and load it up and sit on the couch and listen to a variety of tunes through my new 802's :-)

I also wanted a 5 disc changer somewhere in the house which can be integrated into my ELAN home control system - so this Rotel player fit the bill perfectly.

Now I am questioning the sacrifice in sound quality by not purchasing the 1072 and just putting in a lesser quality 5 disc changer in the rack system for the Elan system.

I did not compare the 1072 to the 1055 - Nor have I had the opportunity yet to compare my 1070 to the 1055. Anyone here own a 1055? Thoughts on its quality (build and sound) in comparison to the 1072?

Thanks again guys!!!

asg

PS - Was suppose to have delivery and installation of my new system last night but the TV stand and rack I ordered for the components was shipped in the wrong color :M - Can you believe it!!!!!! Oh well, should be in on Monday and I'll be able to comment on the new System then!

Comment

• DrBoom
            • Dec 2003

I went shopping for a CD player today
            On my short list were the NAD C542, the Rotel RCD1072 and I tried the Marantz SA8400 SACD player too because it was in the store.
            The NAD sounded very warm and all, and it's one of those players you could listen to for hours and then fall asleep :Z
            It's very detailed and all, but it didn't really bring the music to life.
            I could recommend the NAD to jazz lovers, or people that like easy listening.
            Very smooth and soothing sound, but not too dynamic or lively.

The Rotel 1072 is the complete opposite, very dynamic and with a very extended and powerful treble.
            It also has that same characteristic as my 1098, which is a very upfront midrange so voices are very powerful and you can hear every whisper.
            It is a quite a bit brighter than the C542 too.

The Marantz wasn't really on my list, but since it was in the store and costs about the same as the 1072 I tried it anyway.
            I had already heard it at the store where I work, and didn't really like the sound then, but I wanted to try it again.
            Same story however, it failed to excite me, and the transport was quite noisy because it's an SACD player which has a higher speed than a normal CD player.

So I kept switching between the C542 and the 1072, I liked the 542 a lot, and for its price it's a very good player.
            Nevertheless, the 1072 really made everything come alive a lot more, which is what I like, and it just sounded more dynamic to me.
            Add to that I've got a 1098 already, so it matches great in the looks department, and the choice was made.

So next week I'll have my 1072, which will be replacing my Panasonic DVD-RV32 which I've always used as CD player as well.
            I can hardly wait

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

I own the 1070, now contemplating the 1072, hmmmmm. Perhaps I should try Doug's silver cables first. I don't want to upset the wife.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

You're right to have second thoughts...

Asg420,

I seem to be the one always telling you to spend "a little more money"

However with the investment in all your other components (like the magnificent B&W 802's ) - I would really recommend switching in the RCD-1072 instead of (or if it is too late - as well as) the RCC-1055 (the RSP-1098 has slots of inputs ). The 1055 is good (one of the best sounding changers available) but in terms of dynamics and detail to do justice to your system - really the RCD-1072 would be (IMO) a substantially better item if you listen to CDs a lot. I have auditioned them both with the Analogue and Digital inputs and the RCD-1072 is a major step up on in quality that you just need.... SORRY...

PS -Try some good cables (analogue and digital) from the CD player to the RSP-1098 - in my experience - they make a real difference....

PPS – Listen at the dealers on some 802s and you will know for yourself….

Geoff

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"