X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Paquette
    • Jan 2003

A good Rotel day in Michigan

My new 1066 / 1075 combo finally arrived and I picked everything up this morning. Aside from the blizzard I had to drive through to get to my Rotel dealer everything seemed in order. I got everything home, hooked it all up, plugged in the power cords, turned on my power conditioner and nothing. The 1066 will not power up at all, no lights, nothing. The 1075 amp seems to power on just fine. Tried swapping power cords, still nothing. My dealer says the quickest he can get me a replacement is Wednesday. All I can say is this really sucks! :cry:
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Are you using a 12-volt trigger?

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

bummer. Even with the best of products, things like this can happen. something could have been done during shipping, like a master fuse busted or such?

goodluck,
      Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Mark Paquette
        • Jan 2003

Well, get this. I disconnected everything from the 1066, plugged the power cord back in, turned it on and like magic it lit up. So I turned it off, unplugged it again, reconnected everthing and it seems to be working fine now. I tossed the el cheapo interconnects that come with it and I'm using my way too long (6 foot) rat shack cables. Maybe a bad interconnect or something?

Update: The 1066 worked for about a 1/2 hour and then just shut down again. Now it won't power back up. I've double checked all of my connections and nothing seems to be out of place.

Update #2: After about 15 minutes of down time, I hit the power button and it came back to life. I looks like I got a 1066 with an attitude problem! Oh well, hopefully my replacement shows up on Wednesday.

Comment

• wng
          • Dec 2002

That does sucks Mark. Hope the situation gets fixed quick. Good luck.

Comment

• Mark Paquette
            • Jan 2003

I picked up my replacement RSP1066 and this one appears to work correctly. My dealer did a great job of getting me a replacement in just 2 days. I just finished updating the firmware, thanks Andrew. Time to calibrate my speakers and do some serious listening. All is good once again. 8)

Comment

• wng
              • Dec 2002

Cool. Good dealer. Let us know what you think.

Comment

• Rich Wenzel
                • Jan 2003

see that to me is one of the reasons to buy a brand like rotel, they have such good dealers...

although one of them in NY is only decent, not great....

rich

Comment

• petrolhead
                  • Jan 2003

Mark

How about a review when you finishedd setting it up.

Comment

• wng
                    • Dec 2002

Which one, Rich?

Comment

• Rich Wenzel
                      • Jan 2003

I am not in love with Stereo Exchange.

Although, by far the worst dealer is Park Avenue, they don't carry Rotel. But they do carry Quad and I would really like to take some time and listen to them for some speakers my GF wants. However, that place is so bad, I just refuse to do business with them.

Rich

Comment

• wng
                        • Dec 2002

I hear you about Stereo Exchange, Rich. They gave me an attitude for even a pair of Grado headphones, maybe because I didn't look their "type." I was still in college then. I'm never going back there.

I've never been to Park Ave and probably never will, based on your experience. Never been to Lyric Hi-Fi, either.

I got my Rotel (and the rest of my system's equipment) at Innovative Audio/Video. Overall, they're decent in my book and I will go with them in the future. Although the various equipment I wanted was mixed between their Brooklyn and Manhattan stores, they didn't put it all in one place for me, so I had to make trips to each for auditions. No such problem in the future, as they're closing Brooklyn. Other than that, they gave me as much time as I wanted in each store, took the time to talk, and gave me 10% off without me bringing it up.

Don't mean to hijack your thread Mark. Keep us posted on your new stuff.

Comment

• Mark Paquette
                          • Jan 2003

I got everything calibrated and tweaked last night. I had about an hour to do some listening. I checked out some regular old 2 channel stuff on CD since this was the area I felt my old receiver was the weakest. All I can say is WOW 8O This combo sounds incredible. I now know what everybody means when they say things get loud, but you don't really notice it and nothing sounds strained. Everything was so smooth sounding, no harshness. My Studio 40's seemed sing and I really couldn't turn it up too loud. About a month back I bought a Denon 3803 and thought it sounded horrible, very harsh. I returned it the next day and now I'm so glad I made the decision to ditch that thing and go with the Rotel gear.

My TV is getting calibrated tonight so it will be the weekend before I get to spin some DVD's and see how my new gear handles movies.

So far so good. I was a little disappointed at first over the DOA 1066, but my dealer took care of things quickly. Initial reaction is 2 thumbs way up!

Comment

• wng
                            • Dec 2002

Maybe we should take the word "Not" out of the thread title now.

Everything should get better with some burn-in time. I think you'll like the sound of movies as much as the sound of music.

Comment

• wng
                              • Dec 2002

Hehe, I just noticed the change in the thread title.

Comment

• wng
                                • Dec 2002

Sorry, double post!

Comment

• Foxman
                                  • Jan 2003

Congrats on the new stuff, I am really enjoying mine. Part of the enjoyment for me comes from the continued learning and growing into the flexability of the 1066/1075. Glad it turned out as good as it has for you.

You just can't fix stupid
                                  IMO

My Movies
                                  Bad Pics of my system

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"