X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan Heath
    • Feb 2003

What to do with my RB-1080

I'm new to the forum. I've looked around for a few days before posting a message. And I think this board has a lot of great info! I'm pretty new to HT and multi channel. My current set up is two channel. I'm trying to decide on a Pre/Pro or Receiver that will allow me to continue to use my RB-1080 for my front L/R speakers. This is easy to accomplish with the 1066 and seperate 3 channel amp. But what about the 1055? Another requirement is multi room capability. Since I will be putting speakers in the bedroom and outside patio. This last req. is mainly FYI, it's not really related to my HT issue.
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

This discussion has been here many times. Andrew is the one who has had both the rsx-1055 and the rsp-1066.

basicly, if you use the rb1080 to drive the front channels and the rsx1055 for the rest of the channels (redirect function), it will be a fine solution. From what I have heard from Andrew, is that he heard no differerence when using his rsp-1066 or the rsx-1055.

But in case of the rsx-1055 always use a seperate amp for front, and use the redirect function to power the rear channel internally.

I have a 981 power amp and a 972 pre-amp. And a Denon 3801 for movies. A rsx-1055 + rb981 is what I am looking at. But I am a bit worried about stereo. Since my 3801 sucks in stereo. Even when I use the rb-981 as a power amp for the front channel, it is no match for my 972 pre-amp.

The rsx-1055 seems te be very good in stereo. I wil get one from my dealer to find out :-)

I am also looking to replace my denon3801 and my rotel pre-amp. I am going to audition the rsx1055

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• Dan Heath
      • Feb 2003

Thanks for your input. I have been leaning towards the RSX-1055. Sorry... I may be a little dense on this. But what do you mean by "Redirect"? The RSX-1055 is a 5 channel amp right? I would be using 3 channels for SL/C/SR. What about the other two channels? What could I use them for? I guess I would need all of the connections "spelled" out to understand everything. I would end up having 7 amp channels total. So maybe you mean that I could use the other two for center back speakers. ??

Thanks for your time!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"