This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terry78
    • Jan 2003

Andrew- thanks for providing the new firmware release for the RSP-1066! However, I cannot find it on your website. Could you provide some additional direction?

Terry

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Terry the latest publically available firmware is located on my site under the rotel 1055 link on the menu. Simply click the menu button on the top right hand corner and then choose Rotel 1055. If the menu doesn't work for you let me know and I'll email it to you...the menu wrks for most modern browers but faulters a little for some older versions...esp netscape

Comment

• tbusquet
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
        At least they're trying...there's a lot of companies that either can't be upgraded or can be but at a cost to the user. Personally I was happy with the original version so any edits they make are icing on the cake.
        I totally agree with you. You buy a great product, and it only gets better with every software upgrade ! No complaints here, Rotel does a fine job !

Comment

• Homma
          • Dec 2002

Help!

I've just updated my RSP-1066 with the 2.24 firmware. Everything look OK until I try to reboot it. It doesn't respond in any way! Even the power light is dark.
          I've tried to upload the firmware twice but the result is the same.
          I get the checksum of 0xE1BA is this correct?
          My previous version was 2.20.
          Can anyone give a hint on what I might be doing wrong?

please help!

Comment

• fyonn
            • Nov 2002

It doesn't respond in any way! Even the power light is dark.
            have you remembered to flip the software update dip switrches back?

dave

Comment

• Homma
              • Dec 2002

Yes!
              Both of them are switched back to OFF.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Hmm are you sure the upgrade went ok? Try unplugging the Rotel from the wall and waiting a few minutes before plugging it back in. Now with the power button in the off position make sure the dip switches are set properly and then turn it back on. If you still don't get any response turn off the Rotel, flip the dip switches and connect your PC to the Rotel with the upgrade cable. now launch HyperTerminal with the correct parameters and turn on the Rotel again. Let us know what you see on the screen. It should be prompting you for a key press to authorize erasing the memory.

Comment

• Homma
                  • Dec 2002

I tried that but it didn't help.
                  I just tried to upload the firmware again and below is my response in the hyperterminal window.
                  I send the X1066v224_20021209m.bin file using "Send Text File" in the hyperterminal window when prompted. Is this correct? It's not really a text file but that's what the instructions from Rotel say.
                  After this I powered of the RSP-1066 and unplugged it. Waited a few minutes and set the switches in the OFF position. Then I turned it on and.. nothing. :cry:
                  It doesn't even make any clicking sound when I turn it on and off in non software update mode. Could it be a fuse?

Download Setup

Cautious! Do not enter any key not requested
                  >> Manufacture Code = 0x7f
                  >> Device code = 0x7f
                  >> Will you download new program?(select number)
                  1. Yes 2. No 3. Direct program(No Erase operation)
                  >> locking...
                  >> Erasing memory... Wait a minute
                  >> Erasing completed except for boot area.
                  >> Select download binary file
                  .................................................. ..............................
                  .................................................. ..............................
                  Received data checksum = 0xe1ba

Rom checksum = 0xe1ba

>> download ok
                  Confirm if checksum is right. If anything wrong,retry from the beginning.

Comment

• Homma
                    • Dec 2002

I looked at the fuses but they all (6) seemed OK.

Comment

• Arnold van Oostrum
                      • Sep 2002

It's not a fuse, or else you wouldn't be able to upgrade. According to the checksum the upgrade went fine. You started with version 2.20, so 2.24 should be the version you need.
                      There should really be no problem. Are you really really sure both switches on the back are set back in the right position. That's the only thing I can figure out.

Comment

• RogueAngel
                        • Jun 2002

Also check the power cord where it plugs into the back of the unit. Quite a few units have loose power cord connections and if pulled out just a little.....no power.

Comment

• Homma
                          • Dec 2002

Yes I'm really sure, both dip switch are as high as they can get.
                          Does anyone have the 2.20 firmware so I could try loading it back?

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"