X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AustinP
    • Nov 2016

RSP-1068 Listening to 2 Chanel Music With Sub

I have a REL sub in my living room that is hooked up using the standard REL high level connection cable, so 2 channel music is no problem with a sub. I recently put a pair of magnapans in my kitchen, connecting them through Zone 2. I have a B&W PV1 sub that I'd like to connect in that room, but can't figure out how to connect and maintain 2 channel in the living room (seems like I need to use a Dolby setting to get the B&W sub to work). Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks, Austin
  • AustinP
    • Nov 2016

Simplifying the question: Should the subwoofer output work when I have 2 channel stereo selected? The front panel indicates "FR, FL, and SW", so it seems like it should work, but the only time the sub is actually activated is when I have a Dolby option selected. I am wondering if this may be an issue with my unit.

Thanks, Austin

Comment

• ex-hafler
      • Feb 2017

What about a speaker to line level converter? They seem to work well for sub applications.

FREE 2-day Shipping: Use this adapter to convert a speaker-level signal to a line-level signal. It's great for sending the amplified output of a multi-room

**EDITED**

Looking at the manual, it appears as though it has the capability for speaker level input already built in. Have you thought about using that?

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Your zone 2 is a separate output on the Rotel. Using the sub out will place it in the same zone as the living room.

Your living room speakers are set to large since you are using the high level inputs on you Rel. With this setup, it would be normal to only have an output on digital sources as only the .1 LFE channel is sent out.

You can use speaker level like you main room (just tie into your speaker wires where you can) or split the RCA cable coming from one channel of the zone 2 output and plug it there.

What amp are you using for zone 2? It may have a loop out on it already.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AustinP
          • Nov 2016

Hey Kevin, thanks for helping me again. I was planning on the sub being a bit "weird", due to what you mention below. I'll have to keep the volumes similar in both rooms, which is what I was planning on doing anyway.

My second amp is an RMB 1066.

Austin

Originally posted by Kevin D
          Your zone 2 is a separate output on the Rotel. Using the sub out will place it in the same zone as the living room.

Your living room speakers are set to large since you are using the high level inputs on you Rel. With this setup, it would be normal to only have an output on digital sources as only the .1 LFE channel is sent out.

You can use speaker level like you main room (just tie into your speaker wires where you can) or split the RCA cable coming from one channel of the zone 2 output and plug it there.

What amp are you using for zone 2? It may have a loop out on it already.

Kevin D.

Comment

• AustinP
            • Nov 2016

Yes, that is what I am currently using, but it does not work for some reason. I've had two of these processors and each seems to have it's own quirks, so I am not sure if it is the unit or me!

Thanks- Austin

Comment

• AustinP
              • Nov 2016

Yes, that is what I am currently using, but it does not work for some reason. I've had two of these processors and each seems to have it's own quirks, so I am not sure if it is the unit or me!

Thanks- Austin

Originally posted by ex-hafler
              What about a speaker to line level converter? They seem to work well for sub applications.

FREE 2-day Shipping: Use this adapter to convert a speaker-level signal to a line-level signal. It's great for sending the amplified output of a multi-room

**EDITED**

Looking at the manual, it appears as though it has the capability for speaker level input already built in. Have you thought about using that?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"