This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

Yes I also questioned the lack of zone 2, I use two external audio zones. Not a big deal as this could be worked around by using a seperate integrated amp with A and B speaker switching but not as good as having the zone out built into the processor.

Again I was surprized to see it go on a flagship processor as every other brand seems to include it which suggest it must be used by enough owners. I think the 3 zones on thd RSP-1572 is overkill but including one extra zone would of been appreciated if not expected.

JDH

Originally posted by hometheaternut
    Hello Patrick,
    Will there be any zone pre-outs on Rotel RSP-1582. The back panel pictures show none. Also, must importantly will the HDMI connections include HDCP 2.2 version for 4K ULTRA HD copy compliant contect?

Thank You.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• sakgoz79
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Patrick Butler
      Hi JDH,

Atmos (and new Dolby technologies in general) are initially only available to big companies who do lots of business with Dolby (such as Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon etc.) This year the DSP engines that are necessary for processing Atmos become available to smaller manufacturers such as Rotel. I believe developer kits start rolling out shortly. These allow manufacturers to design products that will use these DSPs. In short, you are probably looking at late this year before you see Atmos from smaller manufacturers.

The RSP-1582 a DSP board that can in principle be upgraded. That might include Atmos. I'm using lots of non-commital language because there are far more unknowns than knowns at this point in the development cycle. When? What cost?- not to mention feasibility. Personally I'm a big fan of Atmos. I think it is a fantastic tool for Sound Designers and I am passionate about film sound. That said, it will be quite some time before there is a sizable collection of media that you can purchase which features Atmos. I think there are only 4 discs to date.

In the meantime, the RSP-1582 will be an appreciably better sounding preamp/processor than the RSP-1572, and this will benefit the thousands of existing Blu-ray discs already in circulation.

Regards,

Patrick
      B&W Group North America
      Is this Rotel rsp 1582 just release for U.S.A market? Is it possible to also release İn Europe?

Comment

• JDH
        • Sep 2004

As far as I understand it is a worldwide release.

JDH
        Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• franin
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Wease
          Hi ,
          Does anyone know if there is a new multi channel 200w amp coming out?
          I have the RMB-1585 new in a box . I want to know if I should install it or wait for the new one.
          ALSO...
          I was going to go purchase the RSP-1572 this week.. Should I wait for the RSP-1582? Can someone explain the difference a part time HT guy like me would understand. I hate buying equiptment and in 3 months its out dated.
          Rich
          I love my 2x RMB-1585 power amps.

Comment

• franin
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by JDH
            Thanks, good response, my desire to include ATMOS in my HT room is about 2 to possibly 3 years away as the surround sound format matures. Reading through the lines I think you are saying that ATMOS on the RSP-1582 may be possible to some extent in the future with no garantees. (Probably limited to 5.1.2). I suspect due to my timeframe and that I already use a good quality 2ch pre for music that possibly I'll end up seeing full ATMOS introduced into the RSP-1572 replacement than the RSP-1582.

Considering I've owned a RSP-1066, RSP-1068, RSP-1069 and currently a RSP-1572. It is highly likely the next one will be a Rotel, just get a bit frustrated with the lag of included features sometimes.

JDH
            We also have to remember DTS X and Auro3D. If the Rotel pre amps come with these features I'll purchase one in a heart beat. Until then the Marantz and my Rotel power amps will have to suffice.

Frank

Comment

• JDH
              • Sep 2004

Me to, until then I'll sit on the fence and stick with my RSP-1572. I am sure however that the RSP-1582 would sound wonderful with the surround codecs it can decode but not enough of a difference to justify the upgrade at this stage.

Not really interested in Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha etc so I guess I'll wait it out to see what Rotel can develop in the RSP space.

JDH

Originally posted by franin
              We also have to remember DTS X and Auro3D. If the Rotel pre amps come with these features I'll purchase one in a heart beat. Until then the Marantz and my Rotel power amps will have to suffice.

Frank

Comment

• franin
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by JDH
                Me to, until then I'll sit on the fence and stick with my RSP-1572. I am sure however that the RSP-1582 would sound wonderful with the surround codecs it can decode but not enough of a difference to justify the upgrade at this stage.

Not really interested in Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha etc so I guess I'll wait it out to see what Rotel can develop in the RSP space.

JDH
                I hope they do come out with something that can accommodate the new codecs.

Frank

Comment

• JDH
                  • Sep 2004

I think in the price range of the RSP-1582 and even the RSP-1572 it would be expected to include the new codecs even if it ends up being say a 2 year lag !!!

JDH

Originally posted by franin
                  I hope they do come out with something that can accommodate the new codecs.

Frank

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                    • Jan 2014

That would be great. Unfortunately there are development costs associated with designing a new DSP board, and the folks who do the programming don't come cheap!

Regards,

Patrick

Originally posted by JDH
                    I think in the price range of the RSP-1582 and even the RSP-1572 it would be expected to include the new codecs even if it ends up being say a 2 year lag !!!

JDH

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                      • May 2004

Patrick, Thanks for all of your input, it is much appreciated from all of us that love our Rotel gear. When will Rotel announce these pieces officially on the website? A lot of us fans follow whats next but for the consumer that is looking for gear from Rotel but does not follow closely like the rest of us may not know of anything. Lets get the excitement started and get the word out. Again thanks!!!

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                        Patrick, Thanks for all of your input, it is much appreciated from all of us that love our Rotel gear. When will Rotel announce these pieces officially on the website? A lot of us fans follow whats next but for the consumer that is looking for gear from Rotel but does not follow closely like the rest of us may not know of anything. Lets get the excitement started and get the word out. Again thanks!!!
                        Agree, and announce it BIG on all channels: web site, twitter, facebook, etc.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                          • Jan 2014

Hi Folks,

Rotel will be announcing new products via their web site and social media (not to mention via our fantastic PR firm!) when the launch is imminent. Pardon the double entendre, but a premature launch isn't good for anybody. We are also in the process of updating Rotel's website, not that you'll see anything new in the near term. Website development is a royal pain, and I now understand why the wizards of the internet charge what I used to believe was an exorbitant sum.

Regards,

Patrick
                          B&W Group North America

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                            • Oct 2014

Great. A final tip from a biased university teacher/researcher is to use tools for business intelligence and predictive analytics, to make Rotel even more successful.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                              • Jan 2014

I'm sure Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic et al. used those kind of tools when considering 3D technology. That didn't work so well.

The best analytics in consumer electronics tend to be looking at what is working for other manufacturers, listening to your dealer base and customers, trolling fan sites like HT Guide, remembering what made your brand successful, and then deciding what is truly important to include in future generations of products.

Thanks for the tip ZorgSpiff!

Cheers,

Patrick

Originally posted by ZorgSpiff
                              Great. A final tip from a biased university teacher/researcher is to use tools for business intelligence and predictive analytics, to make Rotel even more successful.

Comment

• sakgoz79
                                • Jan 2015

Hi Folks,

Rotel will be announcing new products via their web site and social media (not to mention via our fantastic PR firm!) when the launch is imminent. Pardon the double entendre, but a premature launch isn't good for anybody. We are also in the process of updating Rotel's website, not that you'll see anything new in the near term. Website development is a royal pain, and I now understand why the wizards of the internet charge what I used to believe was an exorbitant sum.

Regards,

Patrick
                                B&W Group North America
                                What about Rsp 1582 DSD support?

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                  • May 2004

We are at March 22nd and no announcement. Has things been delayed?
                                  We expect to begin shipping to North American dealers in March.

Regards,

Patrick
                                  B&W Group North America

Comment

• hometheaternut
                                    • Oct 2014

Patrick, waiting for more information on your audio and video evaluations with the RSP-1582 compared with the RSP-1572. Please keep us fans advised. Performance, Functionality, Ergonomics, Build Quality and Customer Support!

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                      • Jan 2014

Hi hometheaternut,

We will most likely be launching the RSP-1582 this summer, and once we get closer to a finished product (software being ready for prime-time) I can give you some observations on what to expect. Thanks for being a fan!

Cheers,

Patrick

Originally posted by hometheaternut
                                      Patrick, waiting for more information on your audio and video evaluations with the RSP-1582 compared with the RSP-1572. Please keep us fans advised. Performance, Functionality, Ergonomics, Build Quality and Customer Support!

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                        • Jan 2014

Hi Woo Wooooo,

New products are almost always delayed. Just the nature of known unknowns versus the unknown unknowns if you know what I mean

The release data has been pushed back to this summer (Q3) from Q2. Rotel is doing their due-diligence in making sure that the RSP-1582 is rock solid and lives up to the billing. A breath of fresh air if you ask me.

Regards,

Patrick

Originally posted by Woo Wooooo
                                        We are at March 22nd and no announcement. Has things been delayed?

Comment

• hometheaternut
                                          • Oct 2014

Well, hold your horses Rotel! We all now might see HDCP 2.2, Dolby Atmos, Auro 3D and DTS:X implemented behind that beautiful TFT display with this delay! Just think of how many more units would sell. Lots, I bet! Nobody wants to buy a brand new $3,499 Reference A/V Processor that is already obsolete before being released in the market! Smart move Rotel!

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                            • May 2004

Patrick,
                                            Thanks for the heads up and as everyone on the site is excited to see what comes out from Rotel. I'd rather wait a few more months for you to get it all right being that its been a while seeing a flagship product. Thanks again for the information!!

Hi Woo Wooooo,

New products are almost always delayed. Just the nature of known unknowns versus the unknown unknowns if you know what I mean

The release data has been pushed back to this summer (Q3) from Q2. Rotel is doing their due-diligence in making sure that the RSP-1582 is rock solid and lives up to the billing. A breath of fresh air if you ask me.

Regards,

Patrick

Comment

• TimbaLand
                                              • Aug 2013

It's end of April. Has any of these new models been released yet!

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                                • May 2004

Per Patrick...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Butler View Post
                                                Hi Woo Wooooo,

Regards,

Patrick

Comment

• TimbaLand
                                                  • Aug 2013

Tough. Maybe one should not get excited and buy on the first batch. They are the ones with issues

Comment

• JDH
                                                    • Sep 2004

Maybe the delay is because Rotel are waiting for the latest chips etc to be readily available to make it more competstive and current with the latest fornats etc. Fine by me as I'd be happy to wait.

JDH

Comment

• TimbaLand
                                                      • Aug 2013

Still waiting 👴

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                                        • May 2004

dude! i want it here now too :W but last time I checked it's not summer but regardless thanks for keeping this post alive till the news breaks!!

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                          • Oct 2014

Summer has arrived in Sweden!

Comment

• mucke
                                                            • Jul 2005

Var när hur ?

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                              • Oct 2014

Generalagenten Septon
                                                              Septon Electronic AB, Bromma, Stockholm, Sweden. 3,309 likes · 2 talking about this · 28 were here. Helhetsleverantör av produkter inom Pro Installation, Hifi, Custom Installation & Musikutrustning...

Comment

• Woo Wooooo
                                                                • May 2004

Patrick, are we getting close to an announcement?

Comment

• mucke
                                                                  • Jul 2005

Nice :-) Då är det nära :-)

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Oct 2014

Several more sites have made announcements:
                                                                    Stereo Design, Inc., San Diego, California. 1,937 likes · 1 talking about this. We are Stereo Design. We have been in business since 1983. We specialize in Home Audio and Home Theater.

National Audio Video, Edmonton, Alberta. 1,063 likes · 24 talking about this · 143 were here. Visit our page often for updates, specials or just to post pictures or ask questions. Facebook never closes.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Oct 2007

Any chance of a 3 channel (or 1 channel) version of the RB1590 to power front three?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jan 2014

Hi Audio_ElF,

I'd say that they chances of a 3 channel amp are zero. Mono is certainly a possibility, but nothing is currently being planned that I am aware of.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
                                                                        B&W Group North America

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
                                                                        Any chance of a 3 channel (or 1 channel) version of the RB1590 to power front three?

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Oct 2014

Any chance of a 200W integrated?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jan 2014
                                                                            • 164

Hi ZorgSpiff,

The short answer is yes. Time frame? Certainly not in 2015.

Cheers,

Patrick
                                                                            B&W Group North America

Any chance of a 200W integrated?

Comment

• Audio_ElF
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2007
                                                                              • 271

#83
                                                                              Patrick, I know you are B&W USA, but do you have any idea what the UK price will be for the RSP?

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Oct 2014
                                                                                • 27

#84
                                                                                Hi ZorgSpiff,

The short answer is yes. Time frame? Certainly not in 2015.

Cheers,

Patrick
                                                                                B&W Group North America
                                                                                Thanks for the answer. I'll be first in line, whenever it is available 8)

Comment

• ZorgSpiff
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Oct 2014
                                                                                  • 27

#85
                                                                                  Rotel RC-1590 & RB-1590 in silver.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2014
                                                                                    • 164

#86
                                                                                    Unfortunately, no.

Regards,

Patrick

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
                                                                                    Patrick, I know you are B&W USA, but do you have any idea what the UK price will be for the RSP?

Comment

• JDH
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2004
                                                                                      • 270

#87
                                                                                      Any update from Rotel on the release date etc for its RSP AV processor?

JDH

Unfortunately, no.

Regards,

Patrick

Comment

• eelco74
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Dec 2002
                                                                                        • 394

#88
                                                                                        As much as I really like Rotel, I got a good deal on a Marantz AV8802 and went for it. Great combo with the Rotel RB-985MKii and Rotel RB-991.
                                                                                        Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
                                                                                        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
                                                                                        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

• sakgoz79
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Jan 2015
                                                                                          • 30

#89
                                                                                          01.09.2015 and there is still no news about Rsp 1582 so I think If the Rotel do not add Dts X and Dolby Atmos , Rotel Rsp 1582 will be just " stillborn baby ".

Comment

• JDH
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2004
                                                                                            • 270

#90
                                                                                            I do like Rotel, but they have to try better to not be a generation or two behind the mainstream AV brand if they want to keep returning customers.

JDH

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"