X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouton
    • Sep 2005

An RDV-1050E progresssive problem

I have had my RDV-1050E for many years now and as my old TV only allowed me to use RGB-SCART I have done so.

I recently purchased an HDTV and connected the Rotel via component cables. It works with interlaced but not with progressive. I followed the manual's settings for selecting progressive output. The progressive LED indicator light comes on and the TV shows the signal is indeed 575P or 480P depending on whether I set PAL or NTSC. Picture, however is black, but intermittently the film appears for an fraction of a second.

I know the TV and cabels are OK as I tested both 480P and 575P using the same cabels and TV input with an older DVD-player. The Rotel is working as it should when I select interlaced. I am leaning towards the fact that my unit may be defective, but ask anyway as I might have overlooked something.

It may be a bit late now as it is an old model, but is there a firmware upgrade that may help me or is service the only option? It may also be a defect right from the start as it is the first time I tested the component connectors.

Another question:
    What is the difference between "Film" and "Video" in the Choice settings?

Thanks for your time!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"