X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PSUfan
    • May 2004

Rotel and a Sunfire Sub

I currently have a Energy Veritas setup in my HT. However, I have a Paradigm 2200W subwoofer. I recently had a chance to hear the Sunfire True Sub EQ 11" in action and was really impressed with what the little cube could deliver. Does anyone use one with their setup? My Rotel gear is the 1068, 1080 for mains, and 1075 for center an surrrounds.

Thanks in advance.

Shane
  • WelshOne
    • Jan 2009

I have a sunfire HRS12, the more basic sunfire sub in the range vs the EQ version you have. I have read the differences are small between the HRS12 and the one you heard?

I havent heard your one, but would guess its performance is at the very least the same.......

I demo'd my sub against the mighty PC13 Ultra twice on two different occasions in two seperate rooms, and before anyone has a fit, no the sunfire wasnt as deep, obviously. However where I noticed the differences was the mid/upper bass ranges, in particular music. The sunfire played everything beautifully, the Ultra just seemed silent and muted in comparison. The Ultra was incredible though for movies, trouser flapping sub bass that makes you feel if something bad has just happened :E

I have since demo'd an antimode 8033 with my sub at home and have now corner loaded it, the performance now is staggering and im getting some of that visceral sub bass I once experienced, and its still just as tight and fast. I run 803D, HTM2D and 805S with rotel 1570/1575.

Very underestimated range of subs IMO, and if you havent had it long, wait until its run in!!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"