X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Solid RSX-1560 review

Here is a pretty good review of the RSX-1560. The one thing that is not good is the video processing. That's becoming a broken record with Rotel, but with HDMI sources it's fine.

Eric
  • Nuthed
    • Jan 2007

Nice overview of class D technology. A few movie reviews and some music commentary thrown in. Did he actually talk about the receiver? Just kidding. :T

From the looks of the test bench measurements, one would be better off going with the 1550, saving $600 and if they wanted a 7.1 system, add an external amp. We all have those lying around. :lol:
    Main System

RSX-972 driving center and surrounds
    RB980-BX driving mains
    Paradigm Monitor 9s V5
    Paradigm Monitor C-390 V5
    Paradigm Monitor Atoms V5
    SVS PB-12

Comment

• gianni
      • Nov 2002

I agree. With 5 channels driven they are similar. However in 2ch mode and with 4 ohm loads the 1550 pulls slightly ahead. Of course these are measurements and the differences you may or may not hear in real life are another story.

In any case, other than saving some power, not an easy sell for the 1560 over the 1550 unless you need the 7 channels all in one box.

Comment

• Tha Freak
        • Jul 2003

am I right to say that de 1560 is class "D" amps and 1550 is a "regular" class (AB?) amp ??

isn't that enough not to compare them head to head ? and might explain why the 1560 to be more expensive ?
        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• mintchris
          • Jun 2009

Is there going to be a big jump in sound quality from the 1550 to the 1560? I mean that the average listener is going to hear? I am about to buy some BW 805's and a HTM3S and just want to know if the 1550 will do the job. Could always add an amp down the road.
          Thanks!

Comment

• gianni
            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by mintchris
            Is there going to be a big jump in sound quality from the 1550 to the 1560? I mean that the average listener is going to hear? I am about to buy some BW 805's and a HTM3S and just want to know if the 1550 will do the job. Could always add an amp down the road.
            Thanks!
            My money says no there won't be. If I were buying today...1550. If you need more power, you will need much more as in a separate amp. There power difference between the 2 is negligible.

Comment

• MickeyVee
              • Jun 2009

There are two reasons I went with the 1560..
              1 - you can bi-amp the fronts in a 5.1 system.. great for higher end speakers
              2 - I love the 2 line display on the 1560..
              Martin Logan Vista, Vignette, Grotto i, B&W M-1 ~ Wireless iTunes to new AppleTV & Oppo BDP-83 > PS Audio DLIII DAC > Rotel RSX-1560 ~

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"