X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles17
    • Oct 2005

Technologically challenged needs help - 1069 questions

Hello,

I love home theatre but really am not at all technically clued up, so sadly miss out on much of the wisdom on this board from many pro's. I am also saying this in case my questions seem so basic!!

At present I have a Rotel RSX 1056 driving my system and whilst I am happy with it, I am looking for better dynamics and surround sound in movies and a bigger and more detailed / accurate soundstage for music. At this stage I generally use the system for movies, but if the soundstage was better I would enjoy listening to music like I did pre home theatre days with my little 2 channel entry level Rotel amp!!

My first question - if I kept the 1056 as my power amp and added a 1069 processor would my concerns be addressed?

Second question - could my 1056 do better if I got a pro in to look at settings; room etc (my home theatre is also my spare room etc, so is far from ideal)?

Thank you for helping a basic skilled sound person :T :T
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by charles17
    Hello,

I love home theatre but really am not at all technically clued up, so sadly miss out on much of the wisdom on this board from many pro's. I am also saying this in case my questions seem so basic!!

At present I have a Rotel RSX 1056 driving my system and whilst I am happy with it, I am looking for better dynamics and surround sound in movies and a bigger and more detailed / accurate soundstage for music. At this stage I generally use the system for movies, but if the soundstage was better I would enjoy listening to music like I did pre home theatre days with my little 2 channel entry level Rotel amp!!

My first question - if I kept the 1056 as my power amp and added a 1069 processor would my concerns be addressed?

Second question - could my 1056 do better if I got a pro in to look at settings; room etc (my home theatre is also my spare room etc, so is far from ideal)?

Thank you for helping a basic skilled sound person :T :T
    room accustics always help and can make a big difference, but its hard to say how much of a difference it will make in your situation without knowing the room. You may get some more suggestions from people if you provide some more details. i.e. what speakers do you use, and what your budget is.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

By most accounts the 1069/1058 does sound better then the 1056/1068. I don't think it's that much better to give you what you are wanting though.

Best bet might be to get a pro in there to make sure everything is right and give you some pointers for the room.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"