Clear All
  • watchnerd
    • Sep 2008

I've uploaded some 'unboxing' pictures of the RSP-1570 to my Picasa album:

Comment

• btf1980
      • Aug 2007

Man, that looks solid watchnerd!
      A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• watchnerd
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by btf1980
        Man, that looks solid watchnerd!
        The RSP-1570 is heavier, by a fair amount, than the Integra power amp my dealer gave to me as a loaner. :W

Comment

• btf1980
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by watchnerd
          The RSP-1570 is heavier, by a fair amount, than the Integra power amp my dealer gave to me as a loaner. :W
          Have you connected the rsp-1570 to a display yet? How is the PQ if you have? Any issues with crushing blacks? thanks

Comment

• watchnerd
            • Sep 2008

Have you connected the rsp-1570 to a display yet? How is the PQ if you have? Any issues with crushing blacks? thanks
            I'm sorry, I don't know what crushing blacks are.

Comment

• watchnerd
              • Sep 2008

I added a few more photos.

Here it is in the rack:

And here it is in the dark:

That blue light is *bright*! 8O

Comment

• Ken49r
                • Dec 2007

That blue light is *bright*! 8O
                Yeah I thought so too compared to the display brightness. I wonder if there is an option to turn it off or dim for movie watching?

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

Hi Watchnerd

Congrats with your new Rotel RSP1570,looks nice and those blue lights are very bright. 8)
                  Please tell us how it sounds in stereo bypass,does it a have a full and powerfull bass or? and how is the treble and midrange,do tell.

Comment

• fhsun
                    • Oct 2008

I auditioned the RSP 1570 tonight at a dealer that just got it in!

I'll do my best to describe the audition but I'm a newbie at this.

I heard the RSP-1570 with RMB-1075 and using a Denon 2930 DVD player as source. Speakers used were B&W CM7, 683 and 703. Listened to 2-channel and HT as well. 2-channel was heard with "multi channel bypass" mode at the 1570. Denon 2930 was connected using 5.1 analog output.

I tried to compare the SQ of 1570 against RSP 1069 that I auditioned 2 weeks ago but it was hard due to difference in equipment and room conditions. I demo'd the 1069 with B&W 683's and using CDP-1072 as 2-channel music source.

To top it off, the CM7's that I did the most listening with the 1570 were brand new and not broken in. The room also has a fair amount of echo.

Overall, I was pleased with the details, sound stage and imaging. Vocal has an open, airy feel to it. I thought the overall sound was pretty good and similar to the 1069.

My impression and recollection are that the 1069 sounded slightly better, but then it was played with the dedicated RCD-1072 which is a very good CD player. Also, the room was better accoustically. The B&W 683 were broken in.

My salesman, who is a Rotel nut, has analyzed the 1570 and feels that it sounds better than the 1069. In any event, I like it enough that I bought the black unit that is enroute to the store and should be getting on Wednesday
                    Last edited by fhsun; 10 December 2008, 20:03 Wednesday. Reason: corrections to source model

Comment

• btf1980
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by fhsun
                      I heard the RSP-1570 with RMB-1075 and using a Denon 2500 BD/DVD/CD as source. Denon 2500 was connected using 7.1 analog input.
                      Are you sure it was the Denon 2500? It doesn't have any analog outs, just a single HDMI port. Perhaps it was the 3800.

Comment

• btf1980
                        • Aug 2007

I'm sorry, I don't know what crushing blacks are.
                        The RSP-1069 had an issue, where it could not resolve blacks properly. Essentially, i'm asking how the picture quality is with the RSP-1570. Everything nice and crisp?

Comment

• watchnerd
                          • Sep 2008

The RSP-1069 had an issue, where it could not resolve blacks properly. Essentially, i'm asking how the picture quality is with the RSP-1570. Everything nice and crisp?
                          Looks okay so far, but I'm not a videophile, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask and wouldn't even know what to look for. I don't even have a Blu Ray player.

In fact, I currently do all my DVD watching via DVI->HDMI from a MacBook Pro laptop, which will probably make some cringe.

Comment

• watchnerd
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikael
                            Hi Watchnerd

Congrats with your new Rotel RSP1570,looks nice and those blue lights are very bright. 8)
                            Please tell us how it sounds in stereo bypass,does it a have a full and powerfull bass or? and how is the treble and midrange,do tell.
                            When you say stereo bypass, are you referring to an analog source or 2CH digital that bypasses all processing?

I don't have any analog sources (although I'm being tempted to get a reel to reel deck), but I'm listening to the 1570 in PCM 2CH right now with a 96kHz/24bit signal input (which it has locked on to, the display saying 96kHz), and it sounds really great!

Comment

• Mikael
                              • Aug 2007

When you say stereo bypass, are you referring to an analog source or 2CH digital that bypasses all processing?

I don't have any analog sources (although I'm being tempted to get a reel to reel deck), but I'm listening to the 1570 in PCM 2CH right now with a 96kHz/24bit signal input (which it has locked on to, the display saying 96kHz), and it sounds really great!
                              I was referring to an analog source.

It is great that you like the sound of it.

Comment

• fhsun
                                • Oct 2008

Are you sure it was the Denon 2500? It doesn't have any analog outs, just a single HDMI port. Perhaps it was the 3800.
                                No...I am not sure! It was actually a Denon 2930 DVD player connected with 5.1 analog output ops:

Thanks for pointing that out. I've made the correction in OP.

Comment

• pikers
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by TommyV

post 1
                                  Eric,

I finally was able to get a hold of "Mike" in tech support at Rotel. After some vague answers and a little misdirection, he basically stated what you just did about other manufacturers doing it but also stated the amp in the new 1550 has been "tweaked a little".

I responded "So I should just assume the amp is the exact same one in my 1057 and the new descriptions are just a marketing strategy and I should only pay attention to the detailed specs?". He did not exactly agree with that statement saying that the amp was different but did not provide any specifics about what was different and why the detailed specs are exactly the same across the 3 models.

So even though somewhat evasive, I think I got my answer. Rotel has decided to change their strategy and use misleading statements about amp power ratings to lure people to purchase their products like what the mass market brands do. Can't say I am exactly thrilled about that decision.

post 2

I am all for Rotel making money and ask anyone who knows me, a loyal fan. This kind of tactic really goes against some of the core ideas about Rotel that were expressed to me when I was first introduced to them.

I do not want to be negative or bring doom and gloom into this thread and am very excited about the upcoming products. If all goes well, I will be a Rotel owner for many years to come :T
                                  Sounds like you have a thing against marketing in general. Sounds like the rep you spoke to read that tone in your voice, and you in fact expected an "evasive" response. I frankly think many ADs/tech folks are still learning how to evaluate these products against their "conventional" amps. Their "evasiveness" may just be speculation in their voice.

Not Rotel's problem. All you'll do is buy a different product that actually does fudge their specs, and you're back to square one.

Rotel is always above-board on their specs. Fact is, Class D likes to double down as impedance drops (regardless of whether you believe Rotel per se), so to say it's 100/75x whatever is more accurate than nearly anyone else not using this technology. Class D is typically 85-90% percent efficient, something A/B cannot say--closer to 65-70% on a good day.

Comment

• JoKaRi
                                    • Dec 2008

New setup in mind.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, although I've been reading it for quite many years already. I decided to join, because I've decided finally to upgrade my Rotel rsx-1055 receiver to the new Rotel 15-series and I have few questions. I hope you can guide me to make the right decision.

The purpose is to get the best possible out of both worlds,
                                    multi-channel & 2-ch.

Speaker setup is built up from Jamo's Concert/D8-series
                                    (all speakers are 4ohms, ready for bi-amping and power handling is between 110-170 Watts).
                                    - Front: Concert 11
                                    - Center: Concert center
                                    - Surround: Concert 8
                                    - Sub: Jamo D8

I have been thinking these setups:

Receiver (Front speaker's bi-amped)
                                    - rsx-1560 (7 x 100W)

Separates
                                    - rsp-1570 + rmb-1565 (5 x 100W)
                                    - rsp-1570 + rmb-1575 (5 x 250W)

Separates (Front speaker's bi-amped)
                                    - rsp-1570 + rmb-1565 (5 x 100W) & rb-1562 (2 x 100W)
                                    - rsp-1570 + rmb-1575 (5 x 250W) & rb-1572 (2 x 250W)
                                    (is bi-amping even possible with rsp-1570 from OSD-setup or do I have to share the RCA-signal)?

Any other setup suggestions, like 250W only to the main front speakers and 100W to the center & surrounds?

The cost difference between the rsx-1060 and the combination of rsp-1570 + rmb-1565 is not too big (and with rsx-1560 I would get bi-amping), but the rest of the setups start to be quite a lot more expensive. Is it really worth the extra money, or should I start to consider a separate 2ch-system with the separation of rsx-1560 and the rest of the setups above?

Is the 250Watt amplification/per channel even reasonable choice for me, since my speakers are all 4 ohms and the 100W D-class amps will output 200W/per channel already?!?

I've read that with the previous 10-series, the separate system is a bit better, but so far no one has reported their experiences with the new 15-series. No "official" reviews either yet from the new 15-series?

The amp circuit in rsx-1560 is reported to be the same than the rmb-1085. Is there any noticeable difference between rmb-1085 and the new rmb-1565? And how about between the rmb-1565 and the rmb-1575?

There are also differences in the damping factor figures for the 15-series amplifiers (100W amps varies from 200-400), depending on where you read the info, from Rotel's web page or the owner's manual.

I hope that my posting made some sense and someone of you could help me out in my decision making. Excuse me also for my bad English.

Br,
                                    /J

Comment

• watchnerd
                                      • Sep 2008

"I've read that with the previous 10-series, the separate system is a bit better, but so far no one has reported their experiences with the new 15-series. No "official" reviews either yet from the new 15-series?"

I'd love to be able to tell you about how the separates sound, but while my RSP-1570 has arrived, my RB-1572 has not arrived, is not expected to arrive before the end of the year.

Comment

• Minus4
                                        • Jan 2008

Hello all, just thought I’d share my thoughts on the new RSP-1570 which I purchased to replace a RSX-1057. the 1570 was paired with a RB-1092, RMB-1075, RCD-1072 and Sony bd500, speakers B&W 804’s, CM1’s, ASW10, Blues trisobaric. Let me say I loved the way the RSX-1057 sounded but once I add the 1570 I noticed a big increase in bass my sound field increased there was better separation and distinction between voices and instruments. IMO if you adjusted LF and HF just right it would be hard to tell if you where listening in bypass , stereo or pcm 2 channel . Picture quality was great hdmi worked flawlessly , I don’t think I need to tell you how good the movies sound in the various formats, yes it sounds that good so good I couldn’t put it into words. The only problem I ran into with this unit was the remote, it didn’t want to work at times if I wanted to change functions I had to press the buttons a few times before it would react, but I found my way in the setup menu for the remote secured the beeps which I hate to hear anyway and it seemed to work a lot better.

Comment

• fhsun
                                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Minus4
                                          The only problem I ran into with this unit was the remote, it didn’t want to work at times if I wanted to change functions I had to press the buttons a few times before it would react, but I found my way in the setup menu for the remote secured the beeps which I hate to hear anyway and it seemed to work a lot better.
                                          I'm having a problem with my remote as well. Mine is really bad as I have to sit directly in front of the sensor and hold it at the same height as well. I think the problem lies in the RSP-1570 sensor and not the remote because I was able to use the same remote to operate RCD1072 and a Sony BD-S350 from an angle. I probably have to take the unit back to the dealer.

Where did you go in the menu to silence the beep and that helped with remote operation? Sounds odd but I'll give it a try.

Comment

• Minus4
                                            • Jan 2008

just flip open the bottom section of keys on the remote and in the lower right coner you will see a button labled setup. For me this remote fine all through setup of the 1570, but once I put down for a while the next time I pressed a button nothing happened no light no display after silencing the beep it worked better for me. I'd hit button and the display and light would come on like it should.

Comment

• Claw
                                              • Apr 2005

I've got B&W 604s2's.. would the 1560 be overdriving these speakers?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Claw
                                                I've got B&W 604s2's.. would the 1560 be overdriving these speakers?
                                                No, not at all. It would be a great match.

Eric

Comment

• gamac75
                                                  • Dec 2008

I've the XT-Setup from B&W.

Do you guys think, that the new Rotels 100w could drive them? Or is it better to buy the 1575 amp (5x250w)?

Greetings from Luxembourg
                                                  Gary

Comment

• fhsun
                                                    • Oct 2008

just flip open the bottom section of keys on the remote and in the lower right coner you will see a button labled setup. For me this remote fine all through setup of the 1570, but once I put down for a while the next time I pressed a button nothing happened no light no display after silencing the beep it worked better for me. I'd hit button and the display and light would come on like it should.
                                                    Shutting off the beep didn't change anything. The 1570 sensor is probably off-alignmnet. I took the unit back to my dealer and he's ordering a new replacement for me :T

Comment

• Minus4
                                                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by fhsun
                                                      Shutting off the beep didn't change anything. The 1570 sensor is probably off-alignmnet. I took the unit back to my dealer and he's ordering a new replacement for me :T
                                                      Sorry that didn't work out for you. So far for me the only problem with the remote is the bottom row of buttons need to be pressed a little harder on the 1061 remote to get it to funtion every now and then but it works fine from my seated position which is about 13 feet from the rsp-1570. hope the new one works out for you. :T

Comment

• Pitou5
                                                        • Mar 2006

Minus4,

I feel the same about the remote, it's not as responsive as the one with my previous RSX-1055 (RR-969, I think).

Anyway I just wrote Rotel explaining the issues I have with my new RSX-1550.

Here is a transcript of the e-mail I sent.

Feel free to comment, if you have any advices or hints!

Thanks.

Pitou!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                        Hello,

Previously I had a RSX-1055 and I just bought a new RSX-1550 receiver and having some
                                                        little issues with it.

1- Sometimes the remote is not very responsive. Sometimes I press a button and
                                                        nothing happens on the receiver, I have
                                                        to press the button 2 or 3 times, sometimes.

2- Compared to my previous receiver (RSX-1055), I have to increase the volume much
                                                        much higher, to obtain the same
                                                        volume level. As an example, previously I set the volume at around 40, but for my new
                                                        RSX-1550, I have to set it at
                                                        around 70-75. Is it normal?

3- When connecting a device in the component input, setting the device at 1080i and
                                                        the RSX-1550 HDMI output at 1080p or
                                                        720p, I get some weird horizontal lines all across the screen and they scroll/move
                                                        up/down sometimes. Looks like
                                                        interference in the image. It's more obvious at 1080p. It's not the same as bad
                                                        de-interlacing, it's really horizontal
                                                        hum-like in the picture. I tried with different display and different device
                                                        (Xbox360, cable set-top box)

For now, my workaround is to set the device at 720p, or the rotel at 1080i or 480p,
                                                        but the scaling is really not good
                                                        and the picture quality is worse.

Any advices or hints?

Thank you very much.
                                                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• fhsun
                                                          • Oct 2008

Sorry that didn't work out for you. So far for me the only problem with the remote is the bottom row of buttons need to be pressed a little harder on the 1061 remote to get it to funtion every now and then but it works fine from my seated position which is about 13 feet from the rsp-1570. hope the new one works out for you. :T
                                                          Agreed. Those hard plastic buttons at the bottom of the remote are not very sensitive. Hard to press and have to hold the button down before the remote responds...and we're not talking about the extended hold required to switch sources. Well, at least it's a universal remote.

Comment

• Minus4
                                                            • Jan 2008

Ptou5,

I haven't had any video problems with my RSP-1570, all video connections hooked through hdmi. as far as volume level you could go into the menu for test tones and up the settings there. Good luck hope everything works out for you.

Comment

• Pitou5
                                                              • Mar 2006

Minus4,

If you got a chance and if you have a device that outputs at 1080i component, please try it!

You just have to set the source device at 1080i and the Rotel at 1080p HDMI output.

Thank you.

Pitou!

Comment

• Minus4
                                                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Pitou5
                                                                Minus4,

If you got a chance and if you have a device that outputs at 1080i component, please try it!

You just have to set the source device at 1080i and the Rotel at 1080p HDMI output.

Thank you.

Pitou!
                                                                Pitou5,

I connected a sharp aquos 1080i and set the 1570 to 1080p everything functioned normaly, although I chose 1080p it would output only 1080i.

Comment

• Pitou5
                                                                  • Mar 2006

Minus4,

Sorry, but I meant using a source device like Xbox360 set at 1080i component.

But, hey thanks very much for your help.

Pitou!

Comment

• Minus4
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Jan 2008

Minus4,

Sorry, but I meant using a source device like Xbox360 set at 1080i component.

But, hey thanks very much for your help.

Pitou!
                                                                    Pitou5,

My Xbox360 is hooked up via hdmi through the rsp-1570.

Comment

• TommyV
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by pikers
                                                                      Sounds like you have a thing against marketing in general. Sounds like the rep you spoke to read that tone in your voice, and you in fact expected an "evasive" response. I frankly think many ADs/tech folks are still learning how to evaluate these products against their "conventional" amps. Their "evasiveness" may just be speculation in their voice.

Not Rotel's problem. All you'll do is buy a different product that actually does fudge their specs, and you're back to square one.

Rotel is always above-board on their specs. Fact is, Class D likes to double down as impedance drops (regardless of whether you believe Rotel per se), so to say it's 100/75x whatever is more accurate than nearly anyone else not using this technology. Class D is typically 85-90% percent efficient, something A/B cannot say--closer to 65-70% on a good day.

Hmm . . . where do I start? I have a thing against marketing in general because I tried to get a strait answer about the specs of a product in question from a company known for providing "real" specs? Now all of the sudden the answer is "oh well all the other companies do it". please.

So your conclusion is the reason I was getting evasive answers to my direct questions was my fault because of the tone in my voice. That's an interesting theory. Next time I'll be sure to use the "I'll believe anything you tell me" tone and maybe the answers I get will be more direct and concise. :roll:

Since my conversation, they have even changed the specs on the site back to 5x75 to match the 1057 and 1058.

One more thing, the product in question (RSX-1550) uses a class A/B amp not class D.

Comment

• TommyV
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2007

Is there a scaler Bypass option on these new models like in the 1058/1069 that had the board installed?

Comment

• Minus4
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TommyV
                                                                          Is there a scaler Bypass option on these new models like in the 1058/1069 that had the board installed?
                                                                          There is no bypass option on the rsp-1570.

Comment

• watchnerd
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Sep 2008
                                                                            • 42

2- Compared to my previous receiver (RSX-1055), I have to increase the volume much
                                                                            much higher, to obtain the same
                                                                            volume level. As an example, previously I set the volume at around 40, but for my new
                                                                            RSX-1550, I have to set it at
                                                                            around 70-75. Is it normal?

Pitou, what did Rotel say about the volume level?

I've noticed the same thing: the startup value of 45 is really really really soft, and a volume of 70 is just normal listening level, not loud at all.

Comment

• Pitou5
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Mar 2006
                                                                              • 30

watchnerd,

Haven't heard any news yet. I guess I have to wait after the holidays.

Pitou!

Comment

• Minus4
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Jan 2008
                                                                                • 16

Pitou, what did Rotel say about the volume level?

I've noticed the same thing: the startup value of 45 is really really really soft, and a volume of 70 is just normal listening level, not loud at all.
                                                                                Hey guys have you tried adjusting your speaker levels yet? If not grab a spl meter go to test tones turn your volume knob until it reads 75db get in your favorite spot turn on your meter and see if it reads 75db if not raise the level for that speaker, continue until each speaker reads 75db. If you don't have a spl meter just go into the test tone menu and adjust each speaker to about 7 that should put you close. at 60 my system is very loud. hope this helps good luck. :T

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Dec 2007
                                                                                  • 312

Hey guys have you tried adjusting your speaker levels yet? If not grab a spl meter go to test tones turn your volume knob until it reads 75db get in your favorite spot turn on your meter and see if it reads 75db if not raise the level for that speaker, continue until each speaker reads 75db. If you don't have a spl meter just go into the test tone menu and adjust each speaker to about 7 that should put you close. at 60 my system is very loud. hope this helps good luck. :T
                                                                                  That's where my RSP-1069 is set too.

+6 L/R
                                                                                  +5 C
                                                                                  +5 SL
                                                                                  +4 SR

Normal listening level is about 50-55 on the dial now. And that is hearing a lot of detail in movies.

Comment

• watchnerd
                                                                                    Member
                                                                                    • Sep 2008
                                                                                    • 42

75dB at what volume knob setting?

50? 75?

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Dec 2007
                                                                                      • 312

75dB at what volume knob setting?

50? 75?
                                                                                      Try using the settings I have posted above and you can make adjustments from there.
                                                                                      In the OSD setup menu. (test tone)

Comment

• kevsmith
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Jan 2009
                                                                                        • 18

Does anybody have any real life pictures of the RSX-1560 or 1550 they would be willing to put up, thanks.

Comment

• B&W_Group_Fan
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Sep 2008
                                                                                          • 45

I put up a few at http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=31991
                                                                                          HT
                                                                                          Rotel RSX-1560
                                                                                          B&W Signature 7NT (x6) | B&W FPM6 (center) | Velodyne MiniVee
                                                                                          Panasonic TH-46PZ800U | Panasonic DMP-BD55
                                                                                          Apple TV

Kitchen / Dining
                                                                                          Rotel RB-1510 (RSX-1560 providing source)
                                                                                          B&W CCM 65 (x4)

Control
                                                                                          URC MX-880 w/ MRF-350

Comment

• eriblist
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Jan 2009
                                                                                            • 3

Hi all

In Norway we still are missing the Rotel 15xx series
                                                                                            But i have on order a Rsp 1570.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"