X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dima
    • Jan 2008

RC-1070 issue

Hello
    I'm using rc-1070 with rb-1070 and it works great but I experience one very annoying issue, when pressing vol + or - on the remote the volume control on the preamp might freeze and so the volume will not change (although when turning it manually it still works, also the other buttons on the remote still fork fine). If the preamp is turned off then on the Volume Control still remains freeze -it may overcome after many vol +/- hits on the remote or if left intact for some time (quite long) or sometimes by manually spinning the volume control on the preamp. This "freeze" may occur randomly, sometimes it works fine for weeks and sometimes it can happen a few time a day. I checked the remote while in the "freeze" state and it's ok (it sends the ir packets to the preamp).
    Can anyone have any idea how to fix that?
  • Ted
    • May 2006

Perhaps you may have done this or it is too obvious, but have you tried new batteries? I've had remotes, that have some functions not work and others still work as the batteries are getting weak. Just a thought...
    Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

• gymguymass
      • May 2004

Funny that you mention this issue, as I have encountered this issue as well. I was unable to operate the volume using the remote, although other remote functions worked fine, including mute. I believe it happened to me 3 times. The first 2 times, a reset of the preamp resolved it. The last time (which was months ago) I had to turn off the preamp for the night, as unplugging it for 30 minutes did not resolve it. I had posting what had hapened to me, but no one had experienced it. I have owned my RC1070 since spring 2004 and have had no other "issues" other than this, which I consider to be more of a nuisance than anything else. So, for me, I can live with this, as I doubt it could be duplicated and fixed by Rotel.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"