X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anachronist
    • Sep 2006

RA-1062 noise floor

Hi,

I own the RA-1062 and am very content with it's sound and mechanical quality. But, I have one problem with it: Driving my highly efficient horn-type speakers (102dB 1W/1m) it exhibits a soft but noticeable noise floor which is audible at my listening position about 10 ft from the speakers.
    It's not noticeable most of the time but annoying when soft passages or instrumental solos occur in the music.
    I still have two old integrated amps from the 80's (Grundig V7200 and Yamaha AX-500, both considerably cheaper than the Rotel) that are more silent in the same setup (especially the Grundig).
    Nevertheless, I think the Rotel sounds better and I would like to hang on to it as well as to the speakers but get rid of the noise. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lower the noise floor of the amp?

Best regards,

Gabriel
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

you might try emailing Rotel's customer support.

Rotel manufactures high end consumer electronics for stereo, home theater and whole house audio systems.

Comment

• Wardo
      • May 2006

Miner is right, call Rotel.
      However I think they are going to tell you that you need a line conditioner, and make sure it and all of your equipment is grounded properly. If you still get the noise then you will need to start replacing interconnects.
      I will bet it's a grounding or interconnect problem.

Eddie

Comment

• anachronist
        • Sep 2006

Thank you very much for the replies. I emailed Rotel support. Let's see what they have to say.

However, I don't think it's a grounding problem, because there is just hiss, absolutely no hum. Also, with the other amplifiers, everything else being constant, the problem is gone.

Gabriel

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"