X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adespota
    • Aug 2006

Need thoughts on potential setup

I am looking at building a home theater system (slowly due to budget). I decided to trial some equipment and just test the audio before I go the whole distance for the HT.

Right now I am looking at the following possible combinations (trialing them as we speak) and would really appreciate your thoughts on this:

Current system is a 16 year old Rotel stereo amp with B&W DM330 bookshelves so this will be an awesome upgrade for us!

1. RS1068 with RMB1095 amp
    Meridian G07 CD (sounds awesome even on our old system)
    Magneplanar 1.6s
    FYI the Maggies really lacked Bass here but the midtones and treble were awesome so am leaning towards the 703s

2. RSP1068 with RMB1075 amp (only reason we went to 1095 was the Maggies need it)
    Meridian G07 CD
    B&W 703s

We are also looking at a Sherwood P-965 instead of the RSP1068 and will be checking out the Linn Unidisk SC on monday although I have to confess I am kind of sold on the Meridian

Again - comments would be appreciated. Once we have this part sorted out we will get the matching center for the fronts above and will test out interconnects and then look at the rest of the system. We are thinking about subs as well and looking at the B&W sub (if we get the 703s) but have also had Rel storms and Sunfire subs recommended.

BTW many thanks re the posts on the 1080 and its fuse issues - we trialled a 1080 and after we powered it off and on the right channel ceased working. I was freaking out thinking I had broken it but suspect it is the problem you all have been talking about.

Many thanks in advance for comments

• shadow
    • Dec 2003

Well, you know that Rotel will have new pre/pros available the end of the year or early next year, so I would look for a good discount to buy new now. Both pre/pros are more than three years old now I think, which is quite old given technology advances. I would also not rule out the 1095 just because you are looking at more efficient speakers. I got a 1095 this week and its just phenomenal for my Martin Logan home theater setup.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"