X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MattCXII
    • Feb 2004

Heavy static/hum in my 1066

Hey all,

At around a volume of 45 I notice a heavy static/hum in the background of all music. I am sure this has been addressed in previous posts but I can't seem to narrow down the post. I would assume it is a problem with my interconnects. Is it more likely that it is the interconnects from the amp or from my player?

Thanks for the info.

Matt
  • Mark
    • Feb 2004

i'm having a similar problem at around volume level '65' see my separate post from this past sunday morn. my noise is static like not hum like and only on the multi input.

let's keep in touch till we get to the bottom of this.

regards-mark

Comment

• MattCXII
      • Feb 2004

I Don't utilize the multi input yet. Mine seems to be in all inputs and starts really getting noticable around 40. Im gonna have some time tomorrow to play around with it. I'll let you know if I find the source.

Matt

Comment

• Mark
        • Feb 2004

thank you matt...

Comment

• tombowlus
          • Feb 2004

My scenario was a bit different, but maybe this will help. When I was using Adcom amps with my RSP-1066, I had no hum problems. However, I recently upgraded to all Theta Digital amps, and noticed a very loud hum that was consistent at all levels (and therefore more noticeable at lower levels). After talking to the folks at Theta, they suggested that I run a grounding wire from the preamp to all of the amps. This took care of the problem completely (after also running a ground wire to the TV/VCR). So, that would be my first step. Take some zip cord (or any copper wire), and attach it to a screw that runs through the chassis of your RSP-1066 (the ones along the bottom rear of the unit work well, and are out of the way). Then run the other end to a screw that runs through the chassis of your amp. Repeat or daisy chain as necessary.

Hope this helps, Tom.

Comment

• MattCXII
            • Feb 2004

Well I have tried two fixes and both have come up negative.

1. I tried the grounding wire and still notice the static in the speakers at volumes of 40 and above.

2. I bought the same line conditioner that A| k had suggested in his post and unfortunatly it did not fix my problem. The static still remaines and is no better than before I had the Monster line conditioner.

Anyone else? I have emailed Rotel to see if they have any ideas.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"