X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

How could we improve Club Rotel

Sort of a follow up thread to the other one I started but basically we've been around for some time now and seem to be doing very well...but there's always room for improvement so here's your chance to speak up about what you'd like to see different here at CR?

I know improved response times for the server is one we'd all like to see and we are working on that one.

• Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Andrew,

Some thoughts.

Info Update

There are a set of common questions members ask:[*] Reviews[*] Hum in the amps[*] Differences between products[*] Firmware updates[*] CDs vs DVDs[*] Downloads / firmware updates[*] Etc.

Scarp and Chris have really done up their sticky posts over at Club Halo / Parasound to provide good access to that basic information.

Our stickies are getting tired, with old RSP-1066 info etc.

It would be good if we could get a few members together to write some better words, group and format it nicely and then maintain it as a reference.

I'd be happy to contribute.

A Rotel representative as a member

While it is still important to remain independent, It would be good to have a little more two way contribution by Rotel. This is common in other forums, particularly HTF, where we have things like, Tom and Steve from SVS active in answering some of the SVS threads, Ray Dressler from Dolby active on all things Dolby, someone from Anthem active on the AVM-20 thread. This is not them taking over, just a way to provide a connection.

Cheers

Geoff Costello

Comment

• Al K
      • Feb 2004

Andrew,

I hate to be redundant, so I'll just second Geoff's ideas. They seem like winners. A listing of common questions and answers in one specific area can only serve to eliminate the same frequently asked questions from popping up over and over! It would also serve to eliminate waisted time for those looking for solutions as well as saving time for those generous enough to offer info to the same questions over and over.

Thoughts of success!!

AL

Comment

• Adz
        • Jan 2004

How about one "Master" post where one-off quick questions can be posted to the same thread by the Rotel neophytes (such as me). These questions can generally be answered rather quickly in a sentence or two, and there is generally one answer. We can limit the questions to technical ones only about Rotel equipment. This would cut down on the proliferation of posts which pushes out other major opinion/survey postings as they get lost down the line.

Adz
        Adz

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"