X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluespower
    • Sep 2005

Discrepancy in the published power consumption for the RMB-1095

I was mapping out my power conditioner and noticed a discrepancy in the published power consumption ratings for the RMB-1095. The owners manual rates the amp at 800 watts. The spec sheet on Rotels web site lists the power at 1,200 watts. Any clue which is correct?
    Bluespower
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

There's a couple of threads on this all ready, try a search to be more enlightened. I'm pretty sure 1200 is the MAX rating while 800 is what you should expect to see on average.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

I normally wont plug big power hungry amps into a power conditioner. They can draw too much current and create a bottleneck to to speak. Most power conditioners are rated for 15A. I am sure the 1095 and whatever else you run, can exceed that especially on peaks at higher volumes. Try plugging the 1095 directly into the wall. Just my .02.

Comment

• Bluespower
        • Sep 2005

I just got the Rotel RLC-900 that has a switched bank of outlets rated at 1,300 watts max (for the power amps). The 900 has the sequential power-on/power-off routine I need to try and "goof proof" operating the equipment (pre-on, amp-on/amp-off, pre-off). I have a ModWright 9.0SE stereo pre amp married to my 1068. The ModWright doesn't have a triggering mechanism like the processor has.
        Bluespower

Comment

• bulitnv
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
          I normally wont plug big power hungry amps into a power conditioner. They can draw too much current and create a bottleneck to to speak. Most power conditioners are rated for 15A. I am sure the 1095 and whatever else you run, can exceed that especially on peaks at higher volumes. Try plugging the 1095 directly into the wall. Just my .02.
          I have the 1095/1068/1060 combo. They are plugged into the Mon$ter power conditioner. While listenind to CD's, volume is sometimes up to 85 on the 1068, I have yet to see any amperage reading on the Mon$ter excede 6.8, I don't have my sub plugged into the Mon$ter, or the TV, but surely that wouldn't equate to much over 7.2-7.5A.

Chris

Comment

• Bluespower
            • Sep 2005

Ohm's Law (115V * 6.8A) calculates to 782 watts. Thank you!
            Bluespower

Comment

• Fishy
              • Jul 2004

But what if you are using 240V, that then doesnt compute.

Fish

Comment

• Bluespower
                • Sep 2005

Then I suspect you'd be looking at 3.26 amps instead.
                Bluespower

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"