X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elvis
    • Jan 2005

Hey..Rotel,howz about a pat on the back

I know this is the place we (some) bring our Rotel complaint's but in all fairness I thought I'd give em' a little credit where its due.

I sold my 1068 a while back and thought I'd go in a different direction.I brought a slew of 1-3k avr's and several prepro's ranging from about $1k to $3k.Most of the avr's left me recalling why I don't like avr's for 2ch music.The prepro's were all much closer,sound was good on all,features great on a few.At the end of much auditioning,lotsa work changing sets out,driving and shipping,of all the units I could have purchased I purchased another 1068(in silver,my other was black).For 2ch music/5ch dvda/sacd the Rotel was the only one that I could not pick out something I didn't like about the sound.The 1098 was nice,sounded very nice also but I don't need the screen and it sounded very similar all things considered.

At the start of this latest quest I never thought I'd end up with the same unit I had before,it was chosen stricktly on sound,not features or price(although both are acceptable)

So,since I've complained here a few times I thought I'd give credit where it was due"the Rotel sound"and those that make it what it is.
  • SQconstable
    • Mar 2005

I totally envy you man. I just wish I could get a working 1068 from my dealer. They aren't able to get them very easily - today they had a 1068 transferred in (new) from the Dallas Home Theater Store and it wouldn't power up. I wish I could find some of the old new-in-box units somehow. Just recently our dealer has had all sorts of returns/exchanges (several from me) because of faulty Rotel units in the last few months.

You are one of the lucky ones that obtained either an old unit or something that actually works. There's no way I can be the only person having gone through 2 1068's and 4 1067's. Your pat on the back to Rotel will become phased out when more people start complaining about serious problems with the new gear lately.

Everyone needs to know what is going on here because all those old product reviews that gave Rotel a name for the entry-level hi-end market is very misleading to newcomers purchasing the new surge of faulty units arriving at our dealer's stores. Unlike you, I give Rotel a kick in the back for wasting my money. I can't easily get my store credit and just go somewhere else. I've given Rotel six chances now and nothing has helped remedy the situation. Instead, here I am getting no attention at all from them directly. My dealer is wasting time and money making all these RMA forms and sending back bad product.

What I don't understand is why Rotel has time to read these forum posts. And for the workers at Rotel that dislike me posting my constant problems, why dont YOU send me something that works directly, to my door, instead of having to make multiple trips back and forth to the dealer, only to find out nothing you send them works!!

Please me and I'll stop posting here.

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

Wow...6 units....you have a great deal of patience,I think I might have gone postal by now.I wonder what's going on with Rotel?How can so many units be faulty?...especially different models.Hang in there....

Comment

• SQconstable
        • Mar 2005

Yes, it's possible because that's exactly what's going on. It's not just the RSX-1067. It's not just the RSP-1068. It's not just the RB-1080. The problems are happening all across the board with many different models. I hate to see this happen because I love the sound I'm supposed to be getting.

I hate the fact that I'm connecting the store's demo unit right now... knowing I have to undo all those connections for bringing it back to the store again.

Hopefully my store will drop Rotel and maybe get Adcom or something else that's inbetween the price of Rotel and Classe. The dealer only having Rotel and then jumping up a huge amount of price to Classe is crazy to me. Of course, there's politics involved with adopting a new product line - for a merchant it involves buying into inventory if it is to be stocked (more profitable), or drop-shipping (cheaper to buy in, but less profitable). It'd be much harder for the dealer to adopt a new product line though because they'd want to carry the item in the store inventory as well as demo it there so the impulse would be there for sales.

We'll see... this is a bad thing that it happened to me, all these bad units out of new boxes, never been opened. My dealer shouldn't EVEN have to open every Rotel and check it out before handing it over to a customer, but I assure you that if they continue to keep their product line, they won't even let the customer leave with it unless it has been fully tested in-store.

Comment

• Elvis
          • Jan 2005

I can only say my 1068 works perfectly and has the latest firmware 1.2.2.If not for the cosmetic problem I'd be a happy camper.I'm still a happy camper I guess since if all else fails my dealer will replace the display panel.

Comment

• Kens1
            • Mar 2005

SQconstable - I know a lot of dealers will only give in store credit as opposed to a cash refund, but if I were you i'd be fighting for the refund. You have been more than patient in trying to receive a working unit and it still has not been delivered. It is time for your dealer to step up and give you a refund so you can move on to something else in your price range at another shop.
            If Rotel can't deliver a working unit on the second try I don't beleive it is any longer your problem.
            That is not easy for me to say as I own & love Rotel but If it happened to me more than once I would be moving on as I just don't have the patience when paying good money for a product that is supposed to be solid.
            I know all companies have their faults and no one is perfect but that is ridiculous.
            Just my opinion.

Comment

• Kobus
              • Aug 2005

SQconstable - We really feel for you and are following your thread elsewhere BUT, this is Elvis' thread.

Elvis, good for you man, a very nice story.

Kobus

Comment

• bleeding ears
                • Nov 2004

Elvis, great to hear the 1068 compares well with other pre pros.

Owning a 1068 myself it is good to know I have made the right decision.

Could you tell us what the other pre pros were that you auditioned and were they in the same price range?

SQConstable, I am having trouble believing what you say is happening to you.
                Plugging and unplugging those leads alone must be really peeing you off. I have been there before (went thru 3 1068 units myself) and unless you have a rack on wheels it is hell.

As good as the Rotel stuff is, I would not put up with what you say has been happening. It is not good enough!

I dont know how it works in your neck of the woods but Im pretty sure in Oz the store would pretty much have to give your money back, and I wouldnt leave until they did. 3 was my limit.

Any Authorised dealer that cannot refund your money after going thru all that is not looking after you and just isnt worth it.

Demand your money back and go elsewhere.

It would be interesting to know which dealer it is?

I suggest you contact Rotel direct and ask for someone important and then let them know you are telling lots of people about your ordeal on the net.

Being looked after with a warranty is the main reason to buy new.

You would be unlucky to have this trouble buying used gear and it would be probably half the price.

Perhaps a good used 2 channel preamp would be the way to go until they can get their game right. You would most likely also get your money back when selling a used unit later.

Good luck

Comment

• Kens1
                  • Mar 2005

Oops, I should have posted that reply in the other thread. Elvis I am also glad you finally have the sound you want. I love hearing about satisfied Rotel customers - it just seems that you don't hear about the positive in Rotel to much anymore. I just hope Rotel gets their game up to snuff so we can read more threads about how pleased people are with Rotel as opposed to people having to complain about every peice of new gear they buy.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"