• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thor
    • Jan 2004

Receiver or seperates ?

hi forum,

i plan to buy a new system and can´t decide what to take - a receiver
    (1056) or seperates ? but which to take ? anyone can help me ?

5ch is ok for me - but maybe for the future it would nice to be able to
    upgrade to a 7ch system

thanx for your help

thorsten
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Thor if yuo look back this topic has been discussed quite a bit as people have fought over the same delima. Basically though it comes down to cost vs perceived benefits. By that I mean the true pre amps (1068) should have better performance then the receiver counter part. In reality though the differences are very minor and when used as a pre amp the 1056 receiver should sound 95 plus percent as good as the 1068 pre amp. If you're talking about comparing say the upper end receiver vs a 1075 power amp and 1068 pre amp I'd say definitly go for the seperates route with either the 1068 pre amp or the lower end receiver as a pre amp.

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Welcome Thor

Based on the fact you might want 7.1 I'd say do both Get the 1056 and 1075 amp and utilize the extra channels in the 1056 for the 7.1.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

Hi Thorsten,

The seperates give the best performance. But overhere in Europe the 1055 will cost you around 2000 Euro. And the RSP 1066 wil cost you 1650 Euro.

In the US the receiver is cheaper than the processor, and that makes the 1055 an even better deal. In Europe, because of the different prices the story is a bit different.

Anyway i might suggest a different option. If you listen to Stereo sources a lot, adding a amp like a RB1080 or 1070 for the front channels improves the performance quite a bit. AND you can redirect the internal front amps of the 1055 to the backchannels to get a real 7.1 system.

So a 1055 and a RB1080 gives you good performance as well as 7.1

Adding a 1075 will improve performance even more.

The 1056 should be available within a few month.s I think it is wise to wait for that model, unless you get a real nice deal on RSX-1055.

Whatever choice you make, you will be very happy with your purchase.

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
        Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
        Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"