X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Found new RC-1090

My dealer found me a new RC-1090 - will not come off of MSRP. How insane is that? I have spent well over $15000 with this dealer and he has the audacity to want full MSRP. He doesn't believe me when I tell him it as been discontinued since 6/2005. I offered $950 and he scoffed at that - MAYBE 10% off if he can get approval.
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

Keep looking.

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Keek Looking

miner,

I agree, keep looking. I have spent a lot with my dealer. Both he and the owner bends over backwards for me. I'm surprised at the hassle. On the other hand, I believe that Rotel dealers can only give so much of a discount without approval form Rotel. So that could be constraining them. However,
      my dealer gives me an automatic 10% off. Good luck.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I am waiting on a reply from Rotel on why the RC-1090 was discontinued in US but not Europe and if a replacement will be announced soon. I have been offered a %15 discount on a Rotel amp from a dealer I have never done business with before, in another town (Ft. Worth, TX).

Comment

• Spearmint
          • Sep 2004

Maybe the unit in question is sourced through another retail outlet who is also adding a bit on, plus there is possible freight costs involved.

IMO don’t go writing your dealer off just yet, be up front and ask why there is no discount. If you don’t like the response then spend your money else ware.
          Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• wkhanna
            Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by miner
            I have spent well over $15000 with this dealer and he has the audacity to want full MSRP.

As the owner of several small (<100K/yr net) businesses in my times, I agree that you should politely tell your formal dealer (and make sure you talk the owner) why you are taking your business and hard earned (I presume) $ down the road to someone who values your repeat business. It is ludicrous IMHO to patronize a shop that takes so little interest in the true value of its customer base. The businesses I was in were highly competitive and dealt directly with the public as the end customer. I was successful based not only the quality of product I delivered, many of my competitors also had good quality, but on the personalized service I provided.

In a highly competitive arena like this, you would be well advised to shop around, never ever be impulsive, always do your research, and find a ‘partner’ who is more interested in your ultimate satisfaction and return business, rather than convincing you to buy something that he makes you think you want or need, or denying the worth of the business you have already done with them.

I have always assumed that the worst a satisfied customer could do was nothing, other than be pleased; but an unsatisfied customer would tell ten other potential customers to avoid doing any business at all with me. A simple philosophy maybe, but in my own experience, a very effective one.
            _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
            ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• miner
              • Mar 2005

One problem with my dealer is most of his audio equipment is mid to high end and what he carries he is the only dealer around. He has stores isn most of the larger metropolitan areas in Texas. So, in essence he knows that competition is not there. And, of course, Rotel can not be sold ecommerce. I suppose I should be patient and pick one up at A'gon or Ebay when it shows up.

Comment

• benny
                • Jan 2005

I'd take the 10% off and run with it. You're not going to hold off on what you really want over $50-75 are you??? Supply and demand- why would he sell it for less when he knows good and well that the demand will be very high and he can make what he wants off it. Many times the discounts you would normally expect go out the window on with products that are not in stock and readily available (like a discontinued flagship model).

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"