X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lcajiga
    • Aug 2003

Lower sound level after 1098 upgrade?

Hi folks, first at all everything is working fine with the new upgrade except for the issue that everyone already knows about the 7.1 setup where back speakers don't produce sound with 5.1 material unless pressing the Surr +. I do noticed something else that want to verify with you, and is that after the upgrade, I found myself turning up the volume level for Dolby movies and concerts. Have any of you experienced the same?

Regards,
    Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
    Regards,
    Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

• whmacs
    • Oct 2003

Hi Luis,
    No, can't say I've noticed any change in volume level for DD after the v2.1.1 upgrade. My RSP-1098 is set to power on at a volume of 56 and I usually listen to movies at 60. I haven't noticed any change in this since the upgrade. To put it in a move technical perspective, if I check the sound levels on the front left speaker at a volume of 60, I get a reading of 70db on a SPL metre. My amps are RMB-1075 / RB-1070. The RMB-1075 does the front speakers

cheers,
    Stephen

My Home Theatre
    My Home Theatre

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Luis,

I have noticed very subtle changes, nothing major. However, after I installed the new DoProIIx upgrade I did recalibrate.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• lcajiga
        • Aug 2003

Thanks for your responses. I will check the levels with a meter but before the uipgrade, I enjoyed DD 5.1 movies at volumes from 65 to 68 and now I need to crank up the volume to over 72 to get the same level. Maybe it may be solved if I re-calibrate the system with an SPL meter...I did not do it after the upgrade.

Regards,
        Luis

Regards,
        Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"