X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DL86
    • Sep 2005

pre-amplifier for RB-1080

Hi everyone

I just got a rb-1080 power amp and now I need a pre-amp for it. I was looking at the RC-03, but I am not sure if I should go for the RC-1070, price difference here in Australia is $200 retail. Would there be any noticable difference (sonically) between these two pre amps that would justify this price other difference. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, David
  • lvhung
    • Jun 2005

Forget the lesser pre
    and please saving up for RC 1090

Comment

• Taito
      • Sep 2004

David, I have an RC-1070 feeding my RB-1080. I cannot say that I have heard the RC-03, but I am very happy with my system. As to whether or not there is a noticable difference between the two, I don't know. If at all possible, you need to listen to both and decide. What price can you get on the 1070? are you talking retail, or discount. You should be able to get at least $50 off. Where abouts in Aus are you?

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

David, I too am very happy with the RC-1070 feeding my RB-1080.

If you search this forum you will find that most 1080's are fed either by 1070's or 1090's. To me this indicates that the 1070 is probably a better match for your 1080 than the RC-03.

$200 isn't much if you're going to use this preamp for the next 5 years ($40/year, 77 cents/week...).

Comment

• DL86
          • Sep 2005

Yeah it seems the RC-03 isnt very popular here. I will be looking at getting a rc-1070 now that I see most people are using one with their rb-1080. As for the RC-1090 would be great to have one but I don't think its worth 2.5 times a RC-1070. And also I prefer the look of the RC-1070 over the RC-03. I live in Sydney btw. I'll be getting the rotel gear from len wallis audio.

Cheers, David

Comment

• Taito
            • Sep 2004

Len Wallis has a good reputation. Had you been in SA, I could have made a suggestion. I have visited 6 dealers of equipment here (5 for auditions, 3 purchased from) and have one very clear favourite.

I think you should be very happy with the 1070 - do audition it though and don't forget to look outside of Rotel either (Although I don't think you can do better for the price).

-Ben

Comment

• DL86
              • Sep 2005

Hey how much did you get your RC-1070? or whats the cheapest you can find on it over in SA? I need a price figure so I can talk it over with len wallis, they say they will match any price and beat it anywhere in Australia.

Cheers, David

Comment

• thyname
                • Jan 2005

I have RC-1070 with my RB-1080 and I am very happy with the combo. I have not heard RC-1090 though, but I know it is discontinued. Yet, you can still find it on some dealers'.

Comment

• Taito
                  • Sep 2004

I got my RC-1070 for $649 about a year ago (down from $700). Had I gone to my current prefered dealer, I probably could have done better - received speakers that retail for $3999 and approx $650 worth of cable for $3950. Later bought a $1200 rack for $900.

-Ben

Comment

• bleeding ears
                    • Nov 2004

Hey DL86, I'm probably a little late with my reply but you should check out
                    Electronic Enterprises at Gordon, apparently they do great prices when pushed a little.

What pre are you thinking of getting?
                    Also do you own DL860 Accusound speakers LOL, if so what do you think of them?

Thanks

Comment

• DL86
                      • Sep 2005

Hey, I own DL 895's not 860's aswell as the other delta speakers including the sub. I reckon the speakers are damn good for the money and the sub is comparable to subs twice its price for movies as for music isn't that tight sounding as some other subs but still good. I ended up getting a yamaha rx-v 657 as a pre amp for the rb-1080, because I wanted to listen to movies aswell not just music. And I am not in the position to get a rotel processor and another rotel 5 channel amp. Any how I gotta say im damn impressed with the sound im getting with this combination the sound just blew me away! I use to have an onkyo tx-sr501 :rofl: . Now I feel like getting a rmb-1075 for the centre/surround speakers. Could have told me a bit earlier about the shop in gordon I was there today :lol: .

David

Comment

• bleeding ears
                        • Nov 2004

DL86, With the 1080 powering your front speakers and the yamaha doing the rest I am sure you would get a good result in movies and 2 channel music.

If you tried the Yamaha without the 1080 for the fronts I reckon the difference would be pretty big.

I use Accusound Delta 860's (older model) for fronts and the sw250 sub.
                        As you said the sub does a good job with music but excells with movies.

for your info the Rotel 1075 can be had for around $1200 Australian, but it sounds like you may not be needing one.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"