X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hal_10000
    • Jul 2005

RDV-1060 - Makes High-Pitched Noise

Just bought the RDV-1060. I brought it home and hooked it up. When I play DVDs, I hear a very noticeable high-pitched whirring or spinning noise. It occurs when a DVD is playing (and stops when I stop the DVD).

The noise is pretty annoying, and in general I'm surprised that I have to deal with something like this (.. where's the quality control).

Has anyone else dealt with this before.

Thanks.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

I have the RDV-1060 and it doesn't make that noise at all. Something wrong with the component. Take it to your Rotel dealer as I am sure there is something not right here.
    I hope it works out with you. Please keep me posted as to what your dealer would say. I am curious as I have one too. could you please share this Info. with us once you speak to a technician, as that type of noise is not normal. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Comment

• fordster
      • Feb 2005

Mine makes a noise with some discs (but not all). It's only noticeable at close range when the volume is low. My dealer told me that it's fairly normal. My previous player (a Denon 2800 MkII) was even nosier but my old Pioneer is silent.
      Dave

Comment

• wernert
        • Feb 2004

Same here. My RDV1060 is noisy on some discs, usually on the first few tracks and then goes silent. I checked a similar player at three dealers playing the same dvd and got the same problem. My NAD T550 did the same. Noise on Rotel is sometimes noticeble at low listening levels. I had the NAD for 4 years doing that, but it has no effect on the video or sound quality. If the noise is excessive and it bothers you have it checked by your dealer or try a replacement unit.

Werner

Comment

• zac108au
          • May 2005

I just recently purchased my RDV1060 at have noticed some noise at certain intervals, the screen freezes or turns green aswell when I fast forward a film then press play. The dealer has arranged a software upgrade for.

Comment

• sprout
            • Jun 2005

I too have this unit.

It is for me the noisiest DVD player I have ever had.
            That said I have been fortunate to have very high end players previously from denon costing from 2 to 4 times the price.

I love the aesthetics of course matching all my other Rotel gear, the Video quality is very good and sound very good bar the noise at low level listening.

It's most annoying feature noise wise though is that at the end of playing an audio disc, it continues making horrible noise looking for the next track, which of course is not there! So it continues 'till ejected/stop is preesed h:
            Anyone else had this?

Cheers

sprout

PS Avery proud and pleased Rotel owner by the way

Comment

• Hal_10000
              • Jul 2005

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate it. From all the remarks, it appears as though Rotel players are a little noisier than other brands.

With mine, just to do a sanity check, I listened to the noise level of another RDV-1060 to compare. It was a little noisy close up, but when you stepped away a couple of feet you couldn’t hear much noise from the player. With mine, I can still hear the noise from 10-20 feet away.

Clearly, my unit has a problem of some kind. The transport (the spinning mechanism) is louder than it should be.

I spoke with the dealer about this. They were easy to deal with. They said they’d be happy to exchange it for another (new) 1060. Also, the salesman said that he hadn’t heard any complaints like this (my unit) with the 1060.

I’ll exchange it and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"