X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitch57
    • Nov 2004

Thinking of Upgrading....

Well... As you may have read in the club parasound forum I'm thinking of selling my RMB 1095 and upgrading to a Parasound Halo A51 or Anthem Statement P5.

Parasound is making arangements to find a dealer in my area where I can pick up the A51 and bring it home for a two week demo. During that time I plan to take my RMB 1095 into the shop to have the mechanical transformer buzz looked at.

This will be a good time to both audition the A51 and to see if the power coming into my house has any effect on the Parasound as it did on my 1095. It will also give me a chance to see if I can tell any difference in the quality of the sound versus the Rotel.

One thing I do know is that Parasound uses a "Encapsulated Transformer". Rotel doens't use encapsulated transformers in the 1095. Perhaps that's why the Rotel seems to be more susceptible to power issues then other amps.

There's another post in this forum where someone had the same issues with the 1095 at his house so he sold it to a friend who didn't have the buzzing problem in his house.

I guess we will see how the Parasound fairs against the Rotel.
    Mitch
    :stupidpc:
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"