Azeke
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

RCD1072 CD Player!

RDV1040 DVD player!

I need more info! Whose got it? :P

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Speaking of new products (or "new-ish" anyway). Has everyone read this lovely review of the RDV-1060?

Another Rotel winner it seems.

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
      Jason

Comment

• seowfun
        • Sep 2003

The spec for the RSDX-02 DVD receiver says that it has 5-channel 80 watts amplifier, but the weight is only 18lbs. The RSX1055 is 2 times heavier and can't play DVD. I wonder what is missing in the RSDX-02 that make it so light. Is it using some kind of digital amp, like those in the new Panasonic receiver?

Comment

• Danbry39
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Sep 2002

18 pounds??? Then, that's the only thing I can think it is too - a digital amp. They're finding their way into the market. I'm curious how they sound. Anyone heard one???

Keith
          Keith

Comment

• gd
            • Jan 2003

The new Rotel products are of no interest to me (though I can certainly see recommending the RSDX-02 to friends with space and gear issues).

The real question is... what the hell is B&W doing rolling out plasma TVs???

Haven't heard any digital amps yet, but I am very intrigued with what I read over at PS Audio, where it seems the digital power amplifier has come of age... the beta testers seem to like em anyway: http://www.psaudio.com/products/hca.asp
            greg (gd to you)
            Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
            production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Kevin D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2002

gd,

Their wording is a little off. B&W is coming out with a new line of speakers designed for wall mount beside a plasma.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

Never has a Rotel product piqued my interest more than the RSDX-02 DVD receiver. Yes, it seems that it will incorporate the digital amp and from what I've been reading, digital amps have come of age. Add in the factors of the light weight, compact size, and greatly reduced heat and it seems like Rotel might hit a home run with this new more-in-one unit. I can't wait to hear some reviews and to see what the msrp will be. I've just been thinking and thinking about this unit.

Keith
                Keith

Comment

• Aeromos
                  • Jun 2003

I wonder how well it'll compare to separates though. Another thought is if they'll make separates as well this way and if it would sound up to par with today's separates. I can't wait to get everyone's impressions of it. I'm sure there are some here that will rush out and purchase it as soon as it's released.

Aeromos
                  Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                  My Collection
                  Aeromos
                  Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                  My Collection

Comment

• Scarp
                    • Mar 2003

I posted more info on the RCD1072 a while ago here

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"