X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m.w.coater
    • Sep 2003

Trouble Hooking up 1098 Any Help?

:cry: Hooked up my new 1098 today and I can not get it take the digital signal from my Pioneer DVD. I tried coax digital #4 and assigned it to Input V4 and nothing but silence, get a picture through Component #4 OK, then moved it to coax digital 2 and still nothing. I get digital from my cable box and also from my HDTV box but can not get the 1098 to go to Dolby Digitel, even if I attempt to switch it manually it is not even a choice in the selections given. I only get DPLII.

Also I get a low level Hum through all speakers, It is not audible with sound but when there is nothing playing I can hear it at about 10 to 12 feet. I do not think it is a ground loop because it is to low in level.

Any help you might offer would be great , I have been working on this for the entire day and have been through the Inst. Book 3 times.

Thanks

Steve
    Steve
  • rlin
    • Aug 2003

Hmm my 1098 has had similar experience when it is confused by static / sparks from adjacent outlets or lightenings. I turn the hardware switch on the back of the pre-amp off and then back on and everything works again. If that doesn't work bring it back to the dealer and test in the store...if it is broken swap for a new one.

Rob

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Steve,

You should also go to the setup menu of each component (i.e. DVD, Cable Box) and ensure that the bitstream is enabled in the audio portions of the menu.

Hope this helps,

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I assume this isn't a new DVD player and that you've had a digital signal coming from it before? What about the cable is that new?

Comment

• TonyStarks
          • Aug 2003

Make sure you set up your DVD player to send signal in digital as well.

Comment

• m.w.coater
            • Sep 2003

Ok after working on this for a couple of day have fixed some troubles and found others:
            The hum was a ground loop from the cable and fixed this with a couple of cheater plugs on the amp power cords.
            The rotel started picking up DD from cable but still would not from the DVD player and it was set up to output DD and DTS on the digital coax. Tried another DVD player from a friend and it was OK so I took apart my player thinking I had a loose wire but all was ok inside. Then I tried a different digital cable and all was OK. The old cable had no bad connections but the Rotel did not like it. Used it at a friends house and it worked there, go figure!
            Started to program the remote and got in TV and cable on V1, Tivo on V2, 2nd Tivo on V3 and then it would not switch back to V1 with the remote, front panel controls would, Finally had to use the reset button and erase all inputs I programed into V1. Reprogramed and now the tivos have some controls that do not work that were ok before the reprogram. Asked the dealer and they think the remote is running out of memory and dumping some controls to make room for the other things I am putting in. With only 3 things programed, Still have DVD & CD I wanter to put in, I find it hard to believe I am out of memory.
            What do you think?

Thanks for the replys.

Steve
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"