X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radec
    • Jan 2005

YAY ME!
    So after months of being a spectator- reading and wishing, I'm finally in the club! Today I picked up my new toys....1080 & 1075 Power Amps with the RSP 1068 Preamp. A well deserved and long anticipated upgrade to my AVsystem (For speakers I have Def-Tech's all around, plus a Panasonic Projector & DVD & some other misc items).

Very excited, however I'm not sure I'm going to get to hear the system in action for about 1-2 weeks as they are going downstairs in the almost finished basement. I'm not sure my wife will allow me to just set them on the floor next to the Deftechs, plus I"m not sure I want to with a 3 year old running around!!!!

I'll definitely post experinces and maybe a few pictures as the cabinet should look very cool. I'll probably have some questions by then anyways (the firmware is a bit intimidating and the *new* thing that I'm not used to. I've never had AV equipment that you could update).

Anyways, excited and had to tell someone, so thought this was the place!

Radec
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

Cool, Welcome Radec, nice list of goodies you get to "play" with when you're room is finished. Again welcome aboard and enjoy....

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Welcome to the Club Radec, this must be a very exciting moment for you, congratulations.

Enjoy your toys and keep us posted.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• DelRay
        • Jun 2004

Radec. You have alot of willpower. 2 weeks with those 3 big boxes staring at you. I would set them up in the bathroom if I had to. J/K, good for you. Enjoy your new gear and let us know what you think.

Comment

• GosonFletchy
          • May 2004

Welcome! Resistance is futile.

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• alkalay
            • Jun 2004

Welcome

Congrats Radec and Welcome

Indeed an impressive upgrade it is, enjoy. :T

Itai.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Nice list of new toys :T

Comment

• Radec
                • Jan 2005

OK so I had a problem. I have read about some humming and cracking on rotel units, so for the past few days the 2 boxes that have been in my living room have been humming!!! Well I know I said I wouldn't be able to hook them up for a week or 2, but this was serious, so felt the need to investigate. I walked up to the unopened 1080 box, and I SWORE I heard hum! Well the only thing I could do was open the boxes and hook them up and see!! :T

Seriously, I couldn't wait anymore. I went ahead and hooked up the 1068 and the 1080 to my Deftech's. I had the 2 on the floor and only ran 2 channel as pulling apart my current setup and taking away my wife & kids access to the Replay TV and "Dora the Explorer" would be a very VERY bad move. As a source, I pulled my wireless laptop over and accessed my mp3 library. Man, even with this very weak setup I was blown away. My old Yamaha did pretty well, but man, what a difference! My wife is a Jack Johnson fan so we started with that. Even she heard the dramatic difference. Her comment I found funny is that the low's/mids/highs sound more "balanced". So true! (I always thought the yamaha had trouble in the lower mid's and when I tried to adjust that, I'd always overcompensate a bit and the bass would be a bit much).

Kinda funny, when I plugged in the 1068 to my TV to play with the menu, I did get a bad Hum. If I wasn't on this forum I probably would have freaked out, but I went to my cable box and unplugged the cable from the box and instantly the hum dissapeared!!! Easy fix when the "real" install comes.

Although I pulled it out of the box, I didn't even plug the 1075 in as I'd have nothing to plug it in to. I'm going to work real hard this weekend to get the basement ready for this install. I do have one question: I have a Sony XBR 32" up front, plus a PJ, so I'm going to need a component switch of some kind. I did a few searches but couldn't really nail down a good one. Any suggestions?

Rad

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"