X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

PL11 gamemode ?

What exactly is the pl11 gamemode that i hear talked about in the firmware downloads?thanks
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Its the 3rd version of Pro Logic II that's intended for adding ambience and surround cues to consol games like the XBox etc.

Comment

• Kyle
      • Jan 2005

Aren't all xbox games in DD if you are using the optical connection on the HD pack?
      My gear

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I think so...but not everyone uses a digital connection.

Comment

• Scherr
          • Dec 2003

In addition, there is IIx game mode which will take the DD 5.1 track and turn it into DD 5.1 + IIx.

Scott

Comment

• Raphie
            • Nov 2004

Yep, the GAME Mode ambiance applied on the DD track, excellent with HALO II

Comment

• Tha Freak
              • Jul 2003

is that firmware available for the RSX-1055 ?
              - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Highly doubtful as PLIIx isn't available for the 1055.

Comment

• Raphie
                  • Nov 2004

Don't know if this is a bug, but i can't select DPLII-Game wth my digital input, werd thing is i can check Music and Cinema, but no game? The game mode is assigned as default mode for the Xbox input. When i boot the Xbox, it plays the tune, but then switches to DD EX? when going trough the DD modes, i can select CINEMA and MUSIC, but no GAME? is this a feature or a bug?

Comment

• Azeke
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2003

Yes, I thought the same, but you have to use some extra buttons (Rotel remote), surr+, press twice, then change the mode to game using the arrow keys. I can't recall the exact sequence from memory.

Regards,

Arman

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

DId you perform a factory default after the update? I had issues getting it to switch between modes correctly until I deafaulted the unit and reset my setup.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Raphie
                        • Nov 2004

Yes i did, maybe i wasn't clear PDLII-game works for analoque sources or digital PCM sources. but it doesn't for DD tracks. On my Yamaha i could apply the DPLII-Game "ambiance" on DD tracks, the display would than read DD Game. seems that the RSP-1068 does not allow that for Game, though it does for Cinema and Music

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"