X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

Rotel 1067 with 1097 amp ( newbie)

hello all,

have been lurking for a while now, hope i can get some good advice on how to proceed with setting up my new Rotel 1067, and 1097amp,

having no experience in this, i am sure this will sound very sophmoric at best

i was wondering what is the best way to utilize the power from the 1067, while my main speakers are running thru the 1097amp, is it possible to somehow use the amp for say center and fronts, and the 1067 for rear surrounds and rear centers, & sub of course

or is this just not possible, seems like a waste to have bought a $2200 radio tuner, not utilizing its power source

my thoughts are, i probably didnt do enough basic research to understand what the different components do,

i am hoping all of this makes sense, happy to take all advice off list, i'm sure i will be all red faced when its all said and done ( embarrased in public)

regards

Kurt
  • liberec
    • Jul 2004

Kurt,

Being in the situation where I'm trying to decide what to get and am considering a setup similar to yours, what I can tell you is that using the 1067 as a pre and to power your center/surrounds is not a waste at all. Pulling the need to power the fronts will provide additional amplification for the other speakers that are connected to the receiver. At least this is what I understand from my dealer.

Can someone confirm that what I just said is accurate.

Cheers.
    Alan

Comment

• basementjack
      • Dec 2004

According to the literature, the 1067 gives out an additional 20 watts per channel with only 2 channels driven.

Many people use a receiver to get started, and then later add an amp for the front channels.

I don't see a problem with this at all.

You can tell the 1067 to re-route the front two channels to power zone 2.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If you bought the 1067 at the same time as the 1095 might I as why you got the 1067 over the 1068 pre amp?

Regardless assuming you own both peices and can't exchange the 1067 what you might consider doing is either using the 1095 to bi amp the two front speakers and power the center speaker and use the 1067 to power the rears (upto 4) or simply use the 1067's internal amps to power a second zone.

Comment

• kurtholz
          • Feb 2005

the 1067-(1075 correction on amp)

Hi All

Thanks so much for the help. it does start to all make sense to this newbie, sorry i mislabeled the amp, it's the 1075 ,5 channel

as of now, i can say, driving all of my mains with the 1075 does create a better sound, than having the 1067 to drive everything, i am hoping to utilize some of the power of the 1067 though, seems like a waste to have all that power just to drive a subwoofer, and play radio stations

my dealer will take the 1067 back no problem, but i am stuck with liking its looks and having a built in tuner in one unit, if i can use some of its power, and it is an improvement instead of just a lateral move, it makes it an easy decision

so this leads me to my core question, driving the rear's with the 1067, and fronts with the 5 channel 1075, am i gaining anything, as far as power to each speaker?

i did look at the 1068 but, have to say, the look and feel of the 1067,( and having a AM/FM tuner outweighed saving a few bucks,

appreciate greatly the help, if i can expand on this a little, any feedback on line conditioners would be most helpful, i am now using an older monster hts 3500, would the larger model or even the panamax 5500 series offer any improvements?

as for DVD player, still using my old Denon 2815, is Rotels model a leap ahead in quality, or should i look at a different brand

thanks again

Kurt

Comment

• OakIris
            • Dec 2003

Hi Kurt. I will be doing the same basic thing that you will be doing, only using an older model receiver (the 1055.) I needed the tuner, as well, so I don't regret getting the RSX1055. I just started out with the receiver about a year ago, just purchased the RMB1075 yesterday to power my front 3 speakers. I bet we'll both be happy with our decisions!

I don't have the Rotel DVD player either, but do have a Rotel CD player - RCD1072. I really like the CD player and highly recommend it. If the Rotel DVD player is of equal quality, I'm sure it would be a good addition to both of our systems. It would look pretty, too. I just can't afford it right now.

I, too, would like to hear what people think of the Rotel DVD player, for future reference (next year's upgraditis!)

Holly

Comment

• basementjack
              • Dec 2004

Hey Kurt -
              I agree the 1067 looks too good to return. :T

Your dealer should be willing to help you decide what to do, and can probably demo the various configurations in store.

Can you return the 1075? I think the amps in the 1067 are pretty darn good. If you're inclined to have a separate amp, I would probably mate it with a stereo RB-1080 (200w/ch) for the fronts, and drive everything else off the 1067.

Assuming you really want to keep both pieces you have, I'd do what Andrew suggested (he suggested it thinking you had a 1095, but it's no different with a 1075)

Comment

• kurtholz
                • Feb 2005

Hi Holly, and all

sounds like you are going in the right direction, what are you using for speakers?

of course, i am in complete turmoil now, my old system was Denon with the Ininity Overtures, and 2 centers, with sunfire sub

i changed to B&W ASW675 sub, HTM7 Center, some 601 as rear centers and have some 604 series 2 coming, which

i am torn on what i will use them for, i thought the infinity sounded very bright at first, but after a few weeks, they seem to have really settled in, i love the crystal clarity the Rotel produces, it amazing how much better it sounds

i am leaning towards, scrapping the infinty using the 604's as rear surrounds and ponying up for B & W front something( undecided yet) though i have read that timber matching is important, i'm not sure i am that adept or will ever be that critical

well, enough rambling, i appreciate the feedback from all,

regards

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"